Mass disassociation pact...

by freemindfade 312 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

For 9 years, since I found out about the WT, (never was one) I have made sure everyone I know is informed. Very few people knew how corrupt the religion is. A lot of non religious people think along the lines "religious people are honest, harmless, well behaved, etc." They are not too interested and will change the subject unless you cut to the chase.

The things that caused people to perk up and listen are:

Shunning and the breakup of families, and that many jws are actually "captive" because of it.

Pedophiles can go door to door. That leads into the cover ups, and once again SHUNNING experienced by victims who seek help.

The whole takeover of kingdom hall deeds/money grab blows people away.

OK- I've noticed that jw literature and speech giving is very wordy, repetitive and drawn out. Flipper has worked at it over the years to be more concise, economical with words. The general public is pressed for time, overworked and tired, and long wordy stuff can be sleep inducing. I think the watchtower and other cults do it because it's kind of hypnotic.

So anything going to the media should be edited for this.

Mrs. Flipper

• WireRider
    WireRider

I would strongly advocate addressing the general public as well. Few people even know about the WT/JW and their issues. I would mass overwhelming education to ALL people to bring the WT into the light and let EVERYONE see who they are. You will find great support in all the non-WT non-JW public.

It shocks the hell out of me.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Cool and calm and unemotional, like fmf said, otherwise people switch off straight away. That's why I think jwfacts is so effective, I turned away from many other bitter, weird or hysterical websites before i found that one.

where is the ex-jw ms from Washington state letter, please?

Wouldn't it be great if a TV company would do a documentary called 'shunning', as opposed to 'knocking' .

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yes I dont think we should address the public, I think we should address the org in a way that will translate over the public in a way they can understand.

Here you go torn

https://medium.com/@danielgenser/what-i-believe-to-be-true-and-how-i-have-come-to-believe-it-13df821c3ed

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    EVERYBODY HOLD UP A MINUTE!!! The GB Lawyers may see this thread and know all about this plan and send out a letter in advance of 8/8 to let the BOE know of this and foil the whole plan! This site is still public you know. What are your thoughts on this??
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I hope they do, it will help in our cause.LOL
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The easiest apostates for JWs and their hierarchy to deal with, are the ones with 'APOSTATE' stamped across their foreheads. So, if you haven't blown your cover already .... don't.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Accompanied by an aid funds for victims or layoffs what do you think?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I don't believe this can be foiled. I think it's bigger than that. Why? While the surprise of it is priceless. If elders around the world get a BOE letter warning them of this, hasn't it already acomplished something big? And would not those elders scratch their heads over the gb's concerns of what we do? If we are just mentally diseased devil worshippers? I think our cause is bigger. If they send a letter they are helping us by building the magnitude. So I for one would welcome it. If they talk about it and we do carry it out like we say. I say its still a win
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Just think about it. If the gb blew the whistle they'd be doing half the work for us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit