Mass disassociation pact...

by freemindfade 312 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WireRider
    WireRider

Would it make sense to send a letter/post-card/email to everyone, JW and non-JW, to raise overall awareness? A couple of years ago I had no idea what the WT/JW is. Also to inoculate the non-JW public and overall pressure to force the WT/JW to change. What if the WHOLE world was made aware of the practices of the WT.

I'm sure you could get a lot of support from millions of never-a-JW people. Like me here. Christians love causes to help/save/free people from tyranny and oppressions - especially from broke groups that use religion to control/manipulate people. If all found out how they break up families - the support could be overwhelming. I read these posts and I am shocked about what I have found and want to help great injustices. Bring world-wide attention to this.

I do like the fund raising campaign for the billboard. Everyone can see it. Perhaps contact a few of those mass mailers of junk mail we get. They may even be supportive and process everything at cost and use their mailing lists.

A bit of levity - but you could promote a sign up do-not-knock list that is regularly sent to the WT. A mass sign of how many people specifically reject their practices. Or realistically a petition signed (even digital online) by everyone to force change. Shine a light on the WT and expose them to everyone.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I agree their may not be something to DA from by August of 2016. But isn't it nice to have something to look forward to :)

And if any one is watching. Who cares? Who are they going to tell? They cannot spread it the way we can. Even if the magnificent 7 know already. It will not change the momentum and effect. It's coming.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am going to try to take the most recent thoughts and include them into written plan. Everyone is having great ideas. I think one thing I caught that is important was someone saying not to use someone else's name. I think maybe we should add some do not do recommendations to the written plan. I'm sure we don't want to make rules but there are some things we need to consider. one is the protection of those want to keep anonymous. The second to keep in mind is this:

I think to be truly effective we need to be focused and ice cold. While most of us may be very angry at the borg, its agents, or someone in the org, for this we need to put personal vendettas aside. "revenge is best served cold". We can't be too hot. we will have our personal say in our letters, but we need to appear a certain way. This could attract the attention of media, it could even make its way in front of loved ones stuck in. We need to appear as sound as some of the recent "why I left Jehovahs Witnesses" videos showing up on you tube. Anyone wanting to do this should take a moment and read the article posted by the MS that left in Washington state, or as I said some of the recent you tube videos.

The media and those still in are best affected by seeing us this way, calm, collected, pragmatic and with purpose, will give what we are doing some teeth. Just something I thought I would share, and hopefully I've said it in a way that makes sense. We have an opportunity, lets make it count. And if the whole thing collapses before then, we will change our date, and we will change this from revolution to a party.

FMF

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think it's fairly certain that we are being watched. My concern is that by 8/8 or even by next month the word will be out and they will be expecting us (if they're still in business). Much if not all of the impact, will be lost.

I agree that 08/08 is too far off. At my age, I don't even buy green bananas. This could easily but put together in less than 30 days. 11/11 or 12/12 (if same day & month is to make it consistent in the dating formats of US and the rest of the World. (Nov 11 vs. 11 Nov)

If you're going to mention the violation of the UN Freedom of Religious Rights, cc the UN. US citizens should cc their US Senators.

Doc

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Its something to consider DOC.

Other dates considered were June 7th (6/07)

November 25th, Ray Franz disfellowshipping

hell we could do 1/1 the beginning of the pagan new year.

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Very good points in your preceding comment freemindfade :)

My thoughts have meandered to recall this silent protest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmfIuKelOt4

This stuck in my mind as an incredibly incisive method of expressing discontent, far more powerful than a big noisy protest. Far more psychologically impactful. She can only imagine what they were all thinking.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Also some could send letters with addressed:

In care of: Watchtower Bible And Tract Society : For the Pedophile Lawsuit Pay Out Lawsuit Fund.

Imagine getting a shit load of letters with that type of heading, I would think they'd get a message.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

yes true, but I think we need to mean what we say and say what we mean.

The message needs to be clear and real and not hang itself on any one failing of theirs too much, ie pedophiles.

If any one thing is highlighted it is the captive nature of the cult, this trickles down to most all of their other problems including pedophilia.

The message needs to be loud and clear that the individual that sent the letter DOES NOT WANT TO BE A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS...then why? pedophiles etc. But we need it to say what it means and mean what it says clearly. This is a disassociation, either literal or in the cases of the silent, symbolic.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Good morning all, it's 7AM here. OK lets get the ball rolling, can we set a date.

I was thinking, if there is only a few hundred of us that send letters or thank you cards

we will be able to see the impact it will make. There may be some that may be still

afraid to get involve, I understand. But what will happen if letters are read in the congregations

about anonymous Apostates trying to cause problems. I believe more will get involved when they

see it's no way they can DF me, it's anonymous. Then they may feel free to express themselves.

This is a grass root effort that will offer an opportunity for many that see no way out,

we are thousands, you are not alone.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Would love to give good simple wording to the anonymous DA intro, that projects the reality of it, but also simply states the anonymity.

I am baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and because of this, I am acknowledged by you to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am sending this to you today to let you know I NO LONGER AM ONE OF JEHOVAH"S WITNESSES. I want to tell you my name, but you have censored me by the implication of your shunning policy. So know that when I meet someone I do NOT tell them I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I think and act freely of your influence in most aspects of my life. I speak out against your mistreatment of your members. And if someone else is waking up as I am, I am there helping them. But you do not get to know my name, and you do NOT get to remove me from your congregation not because I choose to stay, but because of your intolerant policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit