Say goodbye...Armaggedon 15/ 05/ 03

by refiners fire 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

There is a bright side to all of this,now we won`t have to pay our VISA bills....

• Francois
    Francois

What a giant load of codswallop! Great Green Globs of Granulated Gorilla Grunt! Six Sagging Sacks of Slippery Siberian Sheep Shit.

A giant planet? And it's going to be here in a couple of months? And NO astronomer has seen it yet? Give me a giant break. This would be the equivalent of having an entire herd of 10,000 buffalo running toward your house at full tilt and they're only a hundred yards away and you haven't seen them yet?

The perturbations of the approach of such a planet would have been seen and felt months ago, if not years, as it made its way toward the plane of the ecliptic.

THIS IS BULLSHIT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

francois

• Francois
    Francois

Well Blackguard, you said, "...Because the myths of the Great Flood are so widespread it is at least plausible that it was a factual event, and this is without considering hard evidences."

There is another way of looking at the worldwide existence of flood stories. The earth had a tiny population at the time of the supposed flood. Let's say all people lived within the same general region as Noah. As these people migrated around on the planet, they took their flood stories with them, and since these were oral histories, they were embellished along the way. In this fashion, even the Abos in Oz have flood stories way out in the dry, dry outback.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat. Um, WHAT hard evidences? Are you referring perhaps to the hardness of the heads of the people who believe in a world-wide flood?

francois

• berylblue
    berylblue

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

That's one of my favorite songs!

Beryl

• berylblue
    berylblue

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

That's one of my favorite songs!

Beryl

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

A list of "Countdown signs". Once the masses start to observe these "Signs of the Last Days" perhaps then they will believe:

QUOTE: "The most dramatic sign will be a slowing rotation. Where at the present time, this rate is enough to cause an occasional fraction of a second, per year, of adjustment to the world clock, this will soon change. This increasing slowdown will get diminishing press coverage, as clocks are quietly adjusted behind the scenes and the public allowed to believe their clocks must be running fast. But there will be a point in time, a few days ahead of when rotation stops, when this will get blatantly obvious. When one wakes up in the morning, finding it to be dark outside rather than a breaking dawn, yet the clocks in the house and the entire neighborhood confirm that it is indeed the morning hour - this is a countdown sign. Rotation will completely stop in a day or so, with such a dawn followed by an evening where the Sun seems reluctant to set, setting hours later than usual, and then rotation stops completely......

A second countdown sign is a fine red dust, unmistakable as it cannot be confused with any other natural occurrence. Ponds and rivers turn red, the blood color mentioned in the Bible's book of Revelations, with this iron ore dust giving the water a brackish taste. This countdown sign comes almost in step with the rapid slowing in rotation, as the 12th Planet must be between the Earth and the Sun for the trash in its tail to be sweeping the Earth. Again, this occurs a day or so before rotation stops, and travel will become difficult if not impossible once it does.....

Where coming late, for primitive peoples without mechanical clocks there is a third countdown sign that can be scarcely ignored. The Earth moans, during her rotation slowing and stoppage, a sound not heard by humans except during earthquakes. Here, the moaning is chronic, essentially continuous, as though under a stress it cannot relieve with an earthquake, yet cannot bear in silence. For those who question the accuracy of their mechanical clocks, and who may have missed the presence of red dust due to living indoors, this moaning of the Earth is equivalent to the clanging of the fire marshal's bell. Here it comes, ready or not!...."

Sheesh, we keep getting huge billowing storms of red smoke reducing visibility to 400 yards here in Melbourne. I wonder if that qualifies as "dust" ??

• Debz
    Debz

Well at least Melbourne would be remembered for something other than the changable weather....Debz

• blackguard
    blackguard

Hey Francois,

The perturbations of the outer planets 'downwards' have been known for a few decades. The cause is the mystery. A brown dwarf star is a reasonable culprit. It is virtually invisible without the use of infrared telescopy. It is theorized that it would react with the sun when it breached the outer solar system and burst into a red fireball. NASA engaged a USAF C141 Starlifter fitted with infrared equipment to scan the outer atmosphere during the 1980's. A claim was made circa 1983 that they did sight it. (A Rand think tank spokesman has recently and openly stated that no public warning would be issued if the authorities knew of an impending celestial disaster.) A report got issued from a NASA source (as I recall) and one of the newpapers which carried the story was Melbourne, Australia's HeraldSun. A military fellow stationed in Guam in December of 1982 (again, as I recall) also confirmed the veracity of these flights.

Your colorful analogy is mute when one considers the recent large comets(NEAT) and a NearEarthObject that caught every star-gazer off guard. Presently, the sun is exhibiting incredible solar flaring. I presume you know about this. What causes this no-one is venturing to say.

I guess I'm one of those whom you labelled "hard-heads" that believe in The Great Flood. Insofar as population demographics go the archaeological evidence suggests that pre-flood populations were global and millions, if not billions. The hard evidence exists in archaeological and geological discoveries. Mathematically, it is feasible, discounting wars and pestilences,etc., that world populations could well exceed today's 6 billions commencing from one couple as close as 5000 years ago. The survivors of The Great Flood knew of the conditions in the pre-flood world and their descendants took, and in some cases embellished, the stories they were told as they moved out around the world. The similarities of flood stories around the globe is thus not too difficult to comprehend.

Harrington said it would more likely be sighted in the Scorpius constellation, while myth and others claim it would be sighted in Taurus. McCanney currently says that he has sighted nothing which resembles a PlanetX type of stellar body.

• SYN
    SYN

Blackguard, it would be fairly easy to blow an entire lunch break refuting what you've said , but it's probably simpler for everyone involved to wait until the end of May. Personally, I have a Driver's License test on the 27th, and I'm studying hard, and expecting to write it. Just so we're clear on what my views of all that codswallop is

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Btttt. ( where I can find it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit