Iraq Parades dead US soldiers

by ISP 102 Replies latest social current

• patio34
    patio34

my understanding is that it's against the Geneva Convention to parade pows. No prisoners or dead Iraquis are being shown on American tv.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Then why is the US parading POW's on TV?

• teejay
    teejay

Wanna see what the war will be like once the allied forces reach Baghdad? Rent "Black Hawk Down." That might give you a clue. The atrocities are just beginning and will continue long after the war is over.

• jelly
    jelly

I don’t think the issue is that they showed prisoners of war, it think the issue is that they showed the interrogation of the prisoners of war. It’s a big difference. In addition, I don’t equate the pictures of Iraqi prisoners taken by the Americans with these pictures. The pictures of the Iraqi POWs show them being fed, getting medical attention, and being treated humanly. I really don’t expect that American POWs will receive the same treatment.

Terry

• jelly
    jelly

Trama,

1. I think the Americans are attempting to show that if people surrender they will be treated humanly
    2. I think the Iraqis were simply gloating and mistreating prisoners.
    3. You can either see this point or not there is no use in arguing.

Terry
  • Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Your probibly right Jelly, however I haven't seen this video of them being paraded, I've seen all kinds of video of the Americans doing this, I thought it was illegal regardless. But I could be wrong, I'll try to look up info on the law.

• wednesday
    wednesday

cnn, fox, msnbc,, all report that in some instances Iraqui soliders are pretending to surrender and then when american forces came close enough, they attack and kill.

I have only seen iraqui soliders shown surdendering, i have seen no one "paraded" before american TV. They are being treated as humans and not being abused. It does not appear this can be said for Iraq.

• jelly
    jelly

My question was how did this f*uck-up happen. Since one prisoner was a woman this was not a ‘combat unit’ but probably a supply unit. Why was not the supply column moving with protection?
    Terry

• ISP
    ISP

I think the reason why Iraq has paraded the soldiers was because at the time there were denials by all concerned that the US had lost troops. At the time, the video was being talked about I recall seeing on Fox that there was skepticism. The POWs were probably interviewed to show they were REAL US prisoners and not propaganda. After the program, it was accepted that the Iraqis had captured some US troops.

The prisoners will no doubt be mistreated. They were in the last Gulf war. But I can see the whole thing degenerating anyway. As soon as Iraqi forces start conducting a guerilla war, the civilian death count will rise.

With such long supply lines, the coalition can expect more hit and run missions with the attendant loss of life and capture.

ISP

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    My question was how did this f*uck-up happen. Since one prisoner was a woman this was not a ‘combat unit’ but probably a supply unit. Why was not the supply column moving with protection?

According to NBC, FOX, CBS and every other American news channel, these were support personnel....hence the wrong turn they said the driver took.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit