by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

lmao! nice one xw.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

cow·ard ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kou
    n.

One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

[Middle English, from Old French couard , from coue , tail, from Latin cauda .]
    cow adj.

Word History: A coward is one who “turns tail.” The word comes from Old French couart, coart, “coward,” and is related to Italian codardo, “coward.” Couart is formed from coe, a northern French dialectal variant of cue, “tail” (from Latin c), to which the derogatory suffix -ard was added. This suffix appears in bastard, laggard, and sluggard, to name a few. A coward may also be one with his tail between his legs. In heraldry a lion couard, “cowardly lion,” was depicted with his tail between his legs. So a coward may be one with his tail hidden between his legs or one who turns tail and runs like a rabbit, with his tail showing.

LB where have I showed "ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain"? You know nothing of my life, let me ask you something, have you ever been pistol whipped? I have, if I had run away, I wouldn't have.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

But I wanna french kiss Pleasuredome...

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

jo

why dont you grab a bottle of don perrignon, pop your cork for me, and i'll be round in 20 minutes!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((Angharad)))))))))))))))

Here is some for you:

Stash them somewhere though- Simon is probably going to go through his bottles and he'll be after yours !!!

XW

• Simon
    Simon

Ooh ... you don't want to be giving Angharad champagne ... it has a real effect on her! Just 2 glasses and I'm on a promise

While we're talking about champs ... I am really impressed at a restaurant we've been to a few times (pretty expensive so it's an 'every other year on our anniversary' type place). The wine waiter opens a bottle of champagne silently (just a slight 'hiss') and purs it holding the bottle absolutely steady form the bottom. It froths up to exactly the top of the glass ... amazing.

When I try it, the cork may hit Angharad or the cat, I bang the top of the glass with the bottle when it slips out my hand and half of it froths onto the table

• dubla
    dubla
    Word History: A coward is one who “turns tail.” The word comes from Old French couart, coart

how fitting.

aa

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

This whole thread comes down to 2 simple points....

1. The WTBTS is correct....the world is going down the tubes, as never before in human history

2. Armageddon will solve it all. Perhaps we are in the Great Tribulation?

Think about it....

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL @ Simon- I have a visual of you opening a bottle of champagne and Angharad hiding behind the cupboard until it's opened. I don't open them myself- I am usually holding the bottle at arm's length while twisting the wire off and then handing it to someone else and ducking !!

But you know what they say ..................

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye "

XW

• Angharad
    Angharad

Simon I cant believe you wrote that

What Simon failed to mention is that while he is attempting to open the bottle silently, he always looks really constipated

Thanks for the Champs XW - hic, burp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit