• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Just 2 glasses and I'm on a promise

God Bless liquor!

My wifey has just one glass of wine and the cheeks flush........heh

ash

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL @ Simon and Ang...........I have a great visual as well.........I am scared of the pop of a champagne cork,,,,,,,,,,,,and also cans of bisquits ,,,,,,,, I hate it when I try and try to hit the can of bisquits open and it wont budge , then when I put it down it explodes........errrrr.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    I am scared of the pop of a champagne cork,,,,,,,,,,,,and also cans of bisquits

Is this combination served together often? LOL.......

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Sadie,

Since this thread has been turned into an insane clown posse, I had thought of responding to you by pm but decided to go ahead and post here. What the heck.

I read carefully your thoughts and sentiments. While I do not have time tonight to go into detail of the things that you said, I want you to know that your post did reach me. It was good to hear another mother's viewpoint of the sacrifice that we all may have to make. Although I still pray that we will find another way of helping the Iraqi people without much more blood shed.

Thank you for expressing yourself without hostility. When people yell at me or call me names, I turn a deaf ear. I guess it is because I was raised a witness and had to learn to toughen up to opposition. Or, maybe I don't have time for lots of emotional diarhea. However, it is people like you, kind, thoughtful people, who I seek out to help me to understand better. I can honestly say that because of your post, I do understand better. Thank you for your time.

Love,

Robyn

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

OMG Dede- LMAO- scared of the biscuit cans !!

Be afraid....... Be very afraid .......

It's all about food and beverages !!!

Click to enlarge

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey Robyn, this thread has 336 posts and has been veiwed 6,090 times in just a couple of days and it isnt locked! Not bad for a war thread huh?

Well done

Brummie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    jo

why dont you grab a bottle of don perrignon, pop your cork for me, and i'll be round in 20 minutes!

<----puts on her pimp music, dims the lights, fluffs her pillows LOL@Simon and Ang....too funny! My own champagne cork incident is pretty famous among my circle of friends. I was dating a guy, trying to impress him by cooking a great meal, and drinking some champagne. I told him to wait in the living room, watch the game, and I would handle it all... I may be a capable cook but I have no strength in my hands whatsoever! So while I was attempting to get the cork out--I couldn't. It wouldn't budge. A faint groan came from the kitchen to which my date replied "Do you need help?" Frantically looking for something to help me get this damn cork out, I was flumoxed...but undaunted I said, "Nope, everything is fine...just opening the champagne..." Several seconds pass, and still not moving this damn cork. "Are you sure you don't need help? I haven't heard the tell-tale pop noise yet" "Nope! I am great!" I did the only classy thing I could think to do....twist it with my teeth...I was just going to losen it and then finish it with my hand, but no....the one twist was all it needed and it rocketed into my mouth smacking the roof of my mouth. A POP noise and "Ouch" were all he heard from the kitchen....to which he started laughing in the living room...Yeah...I am so damn high class. jo - of the "let's boys open the champagne from now on" class

• myself
    myself

in honor of xenawarrior, I must include french chocolat

Deluxe Signature Series

• Redneck
    Redneck

So Trauma being pistol whipped proves?..That you opened ya mouth when ya shoulda shut it? If I was going to be pistol whipped I think getting away would be the "common sense" thing to do.Standing and taken a beaten when I can get away would be kinda what's the word?...oh yes

Main Entry: ig·no·rant
    Pronunciation: 'ig-n(&-)r&nt
    Function: adjective
    Date: 14th century
    1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You guys are going to think this is silly, but whenever I see or hear or read about a champagne cork popping, I always think of an orgasm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit