1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

i want to use my 1000s post to congratulate Simon for the job he is doing!

not just for having this site up but also for the fairness of his comments.

in contrast to most others (including myself) he always keeps a cool mind.

best wishes for the future!!!

Realist

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

XW, any of my responses were towards people, that have attacked me, LB, your not an angel, let's just say I know who you were on JWO.

• Simon
    Simon

Perhaps we could try to calm things down Trauma Hound? Instead of making things worse and excalating things?

It is difficult moderating the forum and, at the same time, joining in the debates and trying to keep fair to both sides, even when I may strongly disagree with some position or statement. I know I will *think* I am always fair but of course will only bee looking at things from my own point of view. I suspect everyone has the same problem though and thnigs I'm favouring too much the "other viewpoint" and why can't I just see the point and stop "those idiots" getting away with posting what they do ...

Tempers are bound to fray with a subject so emotive as this and we should remember that we are a very diverse group and people have wildly different backgrounds so it's no surprise that there are wildly different opinions and viewpoints.

I may not agree entirely with what some people post but I can understand why they feel the way they do.

Some understanding is the key ...

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

My comment bypasses the last few pages...

I am such a pacifist...but, like Mulan has said, when I saw those women from Iraq talking about the torture they have witnessed (To Barbara Walters last night on ABC) -- humans thrown live into a meatgrinder...it makes you wonder, how much do we really know about what is going on over there? Sadam hiding bombs or torturing innocent people...And here I was focusing on innocent people dying in the war...Innocent people have been dying under Sadam's regime!

• teejay
    teejay

I could be wrong, but protesting a war is a waste of time. It might make the protesters feel better, but it won't accomplish anything. Bush's agenda in Iraq has been set for some time and isn't about to change because a couple hundred thousand people are in the streets screaming anti-war / anti / Bush slogans.

If you want to get Washington's attention, do it with your vote.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I just got back from my second day of protests. There weren't many out today, only about 15 of us. Directly across the street from us were the Bush supporters, 3 guys and a gal.

I thought that everything was going to be cool but then one of the guys on the Bush team raised his fist at our group. I was completely surprised when a couple of guys from our group raised their fists back. Well, this couldn't be ignored by the Bush group, so one of the guys (a really cute one) rolled up his sleeve and showed us his muscle. The guys in our group started taunting him.

I could see that the situation was about to get out of hand. But what to do? Well, I did the only thing that a red blooded American gal can do in this situation, I raised up my skirt and showed everybody some leg.

Every guy in both groups froze and stared at my thighs. After that, every thing was fine again. But the cute Bush supporter did keep giving me puppy eyes. I meant to go over there and introduce myself to the Bush group but never got around to it because God sent a rain shower and all the Bush supporters went home. I guess the Iraqi's aren't worth getting wet for.

However, this did help prove my theory that love or something like it can put an end to the enmity between us.

If you want to get Washington's attention, do it with your vote.

Already tried that TeeJay. That didn't work either.

Thanks for your post.

Love,

Robyn

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    I could see that the situation was about to get out of hand. But what to do? Well, I did the only thing that a red blooded American gal can do in this situation, I raised up my skirt and showed everybody some leg.
    However, this did help prove my theory that love or something like it can put an end to the enmity between us.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Scooter girl,

Cat got your tongue?

Robyn

• Shakita
    Shakita

Congrats Realist on 1,000 posts!

Hugs to Sheila((()))))

My 2 cents........Robyn, (we) might not want this war...but there are those that have prayed and waited for years for the liberation that will come. War is hell. But hell is exactly what the Iraqi's have endured for 12 years now. http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2003/cmar/18_iraqivoices.html and http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2003/cmar/17_dream.html The Iraqi's are asking for help. I only wish that there was some way other than war to oust Saddam and his regime, but no one has come up with any solution that would be an immediate release for the suffering people of Iraq.

Mrs. Shakita(yellow ribbon)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Well, I did the only thing that a red blooded American gal can do in this situation, I raised up my skirt and showed everybody some leg.

THAT is funny, its amazing how simple it is to take the attention off a world crisis!

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit