What's The STRANGEST Thing You've Seen At A Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

hehe yeah I wish I would have known what was exciting in the prayer. It might have helped make the 15,000 prayers I heard in my lifetime a bit easier to stand.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

You didnt actually listen to the prayer did you, I for one would daydream, then you would hear the Amen and would say it aswell. Much more interesting thinking about what I was going to do when I got the hell outta that hall !

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Quite funny experiences.

Bangalore

• finallysomepride
  • jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

On at least two occasions my dad fell asleep at bad times. Once conducting the book study at a house that the family kept the house like 80-85 degrees. Everyone waited patiently until my mom pinched his leg and woke him up. On another occasion he fell asleep as the WT reader. Hilarious. Oh yeah, on another occasion he passed gas very loudly while being the WT reader, all of this while being an elder. My brother's and I found him to be hilarious. He didn't care, he had no problem laughing at himself.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Two sisters getting into a fight in the bathroom. Apparently one sister's husband left her and she had designs on the other sisters husband (which is possibly why her husband left, or so the gossip went). The sister was not pleased with the other one making eyes at her husband, so they got into it in the bathroom during the meeting, you could hear the screaming in the hall loud and clear, they had to send some brothers in to break it up.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

There was an 8 year old boy sitting in front of us during the Sunday Watchtower study. He asked his Mother if he could go to the bathroom. She allowed him to go but when he didn't return for a long time the Mother went to the back and asked a brother to go into the mens room after him. The next thing I see is the Mother hauling her sniveling red faced kid down the asile by the collar and flung him into his seat. While he had been in the bathroom he had found a pair of scissors in the cabinet under the sink and chopped his hair off. He had dark hair and there were gouges all over his head where you could see his scalp.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

WOW WOW WOW i am so glad to see these funny stories! I loved that phrase about huge painful sobs of laughter!

One time at an assembly the brother pronounced earth "earf" - i nearly expoded trying to keep quiet.

One of the first meetings I attended they had an old sister playing piano instead of recorded music. She played so fast everyone was skipping lines trying to keep up with her. When the song was over she turned the seat towards everyone and smiled real big. I just barely made it to the restroom that time before i let go laughing. I kept seeing the whole scene in my mind so i couldn't stop laughing. What made it worse was that no one else thought it was funny.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

When the babylon book was being studied at the book study, this sister from Iraq would pronounce Zerubbabel as Zeru-bubble. I didn't notice it at first, but after my wife whispered in my ear, I had to stiffle a laugh everytime she said it.

• bigmac
    bigmac

"earf"---maybe he was from the east end of london--UK--a "cockney" they have a dialect all their own--so would say earf

innit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit