What's The STRANGEST Thing You've Seen At A Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Maybe so, Bigmac, i didn't think of that!

What is that verse with the word Fleshy in it so many times - lots of people always pronounced it "fleshly" - omg that would get on my nerves.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I knew an elder that always pronounced earth earf. LOL He was born and raised in the good ol USA, Mexican American guy. I'd bet he is still saying earf. lol

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I was not there but I always wondered if Jehovah had anything to do with Lloyd Barry dying while giving a talk at a district assembly in Hawaii. After all he was on the governing body and he personally signed off to associate with the UN as an NGO. Que the spooky music . . . .

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

When I was a kid there was quite the heavyset sister who had a seat collapse under her during her TMS talk. It was hysterical. Another one...There was this study who made his girlfriend come to the meeting every Sunday. She would scream at him in the raspiest smokers voice. "I told you I didn't want to come here Jake" stop forcing your creepy religion on me".

there was one brother who ripped one all the way to the bathroom from the front to the restroom.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

UltimateAxiom:

When the babylon book was being studied at the book study, this sister from Iraq would pronounce Zerubbabel as Zeru-bubble. I didn't notice it at first, but after my wife whispered in my ear, I had to stiffle a laugh everytime she said it.

The lady you were laughing at was pronouncing the original name (which only has the /b/ sounds in the Babel part) more correctly than the Anglicised form. I will now have to "stiffle" (stifle) my laughter at your ignorance.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

At a book study I went to we had this brother who had a nervous breakdown so he hardly ever came to meetings but his wife and kids occasionally came. Anyway, one time he came, during the study he started yelling "Sh*t! F***!" And he looked like he wanted to die of embarrassment but kept saying, "Sh**! F***!" Over and over again as his wife calmly ushered him out the door.

• besty
    besty

2 things

A retired elder giving a talk decided to demonstrate how cramped conditions could be in his stint as a coalminer. Got down on all fours and squeezed inside the podium. Got himself stuck and had to have some others up on stage to lift it off him. Hahahha - much snickering ensued.

During the WT study the conductor asked the audience to describe what was happening in a photograph - it was like two bitchy elders wifes chin-wagging in the background and the 2 elders in the foreground discussing bi'ness. Anyways, this older bro decided to launch into a massively detailed description of what he thought was going on. Just when you thought he could wring no more minutiae from a simple photo, he was off again. Seriously like a 3 minute answer. Anyways he ended up talking in so many circles that he tired himself out and gave up. Cut to the WTS conductor who literally had his head on the podium banging with his fist, shoulders heaving - he couldn't take it and had totally lost the power of speech he was laughing so much. All he could do (without lifting his head) was make a hand signal for next paragraph pls to the reader. Too funny.

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

When I was still disfellowshipped and trying to come back in, i was at the meeting and my 10 day old baby did the biggest fart you ever heard, seriously it was like an adult man fart. People turned around in disgust to look at me and I was killing myself laughing and trying express it wasnt me, but my son.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Brilliant stories! Reminded me of this hilarious thread too...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/3845/1/Elders-Gems-of-Wisdom

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Where should I start: I was once in the hall of my parents and came there with my son for the first time (he was about 1 years old). I was sitting in the back of the hall and my little boy made just one cute baby sound. A brother sitting in front of me (the one who is supposed to keep everyone quiet) turned his head and said: Can you please take your child to the motherroom so that everyone can listen to the program. WTF! 1 cute brabbel ... he probably had acid for dinner!

On a other occasion I was at a convention and suddenly a sister knocks down a other sister who was banging her husband. Brothers had to keep them appart. WOW!

In one of the halls I visited a brother was having a speech... and he suddenly starts to swear and stuff... he took diabetes medicines... poor guy... I actually liked him a lot! The same guy also had the first talk in the evening on the theocratic school and that is a talk that the bro's are NOT allowed to interrupt... The guy went on and on and on going way over time so that the second speech, the first speech of the "commoners AND the second one could not be held. Only the third 5 minute speech was allowed because time was up! HAHAHAHA!!! OMG you gottaaaa love that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit