What's The STRANGEST Thing You've Seen At A Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

(sad) The strangest thing I saw at a kingdom hall was a brother who was giving the final prayer had a stroke in the middle of the prayer. No one did anything about it for 12 minutes. You could tell that something wasn't right in his voice about 2 minutes in. I stopped with the eyes closed/head bow thing and saw the way he was gripping the podium. I alerted a brother, and someone in the front ran to his aide and ended the prayer. The EMS was called. Later, he was okay, everything turned out fine, but I SERIOUSLY started to question whether there was a god or not at that point.

(cool) At a district convention there was a non-Witness that was causing trouble. My dad kept an eye on him, and sure enough the guy tried to start a fight and I think try to pick-pocket at the same time. My father (ex-green beret) tackles the man to the ground. Security comes in. for some reason they had nothing... NOTHING to bind his hands (no zip ties or anything). My dad removes his belt in one move and binds the guy's hand behind him... walks him off the property and waited until he took off into the parking lot. I was... like... "Oh yeah. THAT'S my f'n father right there." It was awesome.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

BSD, ( a bit of a hijack here) those Green berets were awesome weren't they? My uncle was one as well. The stories he did tell were amazing. The ones he didn't tell I am sure were even more amazing, and scary as He**. He lived in the jungle alone in Vietnam for months before he was finally found. His enitre betallian was bombed and he was the only one left, having been sent ahead alone to check out enemy camps. He was assumed to already be dead by the time they found him. They weren't looking for him.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I attended a convention in Mobile, AL at some indoor sports stadium there. It's an old, poorly designed building and obviously not intended to house people for more than a couple of hours for the following reason...

The bathrooms! They were designed with NO ventilation and no means of circulating the air. Also, the entrance door opens to the main corridor so every time someone walks in they can have a good look inside at the action.

Now everything was going fine until the after lunch break and all the sisters had to take a dump at once. The smell inside must have been suffocating because one of the Bros. decided to prop the bathroom doors open just to get a little ventilation. The problem being that the entrance opened to the main corridor so every Dub coming back from lunch who looked right was treated to the sight of a line of feet and undies peeking out from under the stall doors.

I actually took a pic of the spectacle and showed it to one of the organizers hoping to kind of rub his nose in the shameful way they treat the sisters there but no luck; they still use the facility.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@nonjwspouse wow. You uncle sounds like a bad ass. and yes, everyone I've ever heard about were awesome.

The restroom facilities in Mobile, AL... not so much....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember this thread from way back.

Once 2 sisters were doing their talk during the TMS. They were pretending to talk on phones. The audience could see a mouse climbing up the cord. All,of a sudden two elders went running up the stage trying to capture this mouse who kept getting away. The audience was roaring with laughter. The sister giving the talk kept raising her legs up, but she just right on talking. LOL

Another time, I witnessed an explosive verbal cat fight between two elder's wives. These were from the Greek congregation and we couldn't understand what they were saying. one was spitting at the other. No one was doing a thing to stop it. The elders were just watching on . Eventually this cong was disbanded.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"Now everything was going fine until the after lunch break and all the sisters had to take a dump at once"

What about the Brothers?

• minimus
    minimus

Still a good thread....

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Please more stories. I need the laugh!

Missy

• Freethinking76
    Freethinking76

I got one that no one will believe it: A really youngh brother giving a talk,when suddenly his phone when off playing " I love it when you call me big papa" !! Yes it happend.

• Freethinking76
    Freethinking76

Another one: A student got up in the middle of the talk and try to open the door to the room where the literature ( can't remember how is called) thinking it was the bathroom,the funny thing is ,this door is right next to the platform .where the oc was giving the talk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit