_Morpheus

“Walls never work” - Qin Shi Huang

• caves
    caves

Hyped up media bullsh#@.

On both sides.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

You know, I have been on this board for years, but...

I just don't like being here any more.

How anybody can take this caravan nonsense as a threat has got to be either gullible or insane (example provided by the asshole who shot up the synagogue in Pittsburgh.)

Simon, I leave you to your board.

• sir82
    sir82

Remember that when they magically arrive days before the election and then think "hmmn?"

LOL.

Today is "days before the election".

Still a thousand miles away.

Maybe they'll sprout wings and fly up.

Sending troops to defend the border is THE most appropriate use of a nations troops imaginable.

By law, they are prohibited from law enforcement, including on the border.

But by Dog, those border patrol officers are going to have some nice tents!

• waton
    waton

The pictures of crowds drudging through the countryside look very similar to the 2015 Invasion in Europe. It is an outrageous abuse of the "asylum" provision by the UN, binding on all members. That law was made to prevent a repetition of the "St Louis" kind of incidents that send jewish people back from a US harbour to the gas chambers.

This type abuse, mass breaching of boarders, is destroying the nature of Europe, will of the US.

Would be a terrible.politically profitable scene showing babies being used as human shield in front of armed soldier.

Let these people work on their own problems at home, they live in original paradise conditions as pictured in wt publications after all.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I believe Captain Schmideo is shunning us for having differing beliefs or maybe me for asking questions. Interesting. Emotion gets so highly tied up in this stuff. I would rather have heard his side, presented in a logical manner, as that's why I started the thread asking questions. To me this all seems strange. I've never heard of these caravans before and the timing seems interesting. Maybe the media coverage is all that's really different.

I don't know, but it would be interesting to hear from a more liberal view what this is all about without people shutting down or just poo-pooing a discussion of it. If you don't like it, bring some well thought out balance to the discussion.

• sir82
    sir82

Now 15,000 troops:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-says-us-could-send-up-to-15000-troops-to-border/ar-BBPbvgc

It's gonna be tent city!

Just think if the army bought all their tents from Sears - they could protect the border while saving an American icon from bankruptcy. Win-win!

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I’m game.

I think migration should be done legally. Asylum should be granted rarely or at least extremely selective. Like your country is being carpet bombed.

I believe we created a problem with the dreamers act, and now we need to own it. I personally know some of these kids and their successes and can not imagine sending them “back to their country” when they would essentially be a foreigner in a foreign land.

I believe “chain migrations” are fine. Families should get to be together. Do it legally. Melania did it with hers.

I believe in the 14th amendment and birthright citizenship. It can not be changed by executive order.

I don’t believe in separating children from parents and losing them at the border or in transport.

I don’t believe the military is necessary in any way shape or form when the issue is migrants with little on their back or in their pockets.

My mind could be changed on some of these. I’m listening.

• caves
    caves

Dubstepped-I don't know, but it would be interesting to hear from a more liberal view what this is all about without people shutting down or just poo-pooing a discussion of it.

Agreed, but that may not be reasonable considering the current climate.

Also one of the biggest shock factors about being 'worldly' vs 'jw' is that jws teach that they have the only world wide brotherhood and truth, yet there is just as much back biting and gossip in the borg as in the 'world'. No different. They just say it is.

At least in the real world you one has a certain logical guard up that jws don't have in the borg because they actually think that it doesn't happen in their fantasy org. (until it happens to them)

I know tons of people that cannot handle the political climate at all, jdub or not.

I do think that it is necessary to examine whether or not a post made here is one someone can bear to comment on. Personally, sometimes I can sometimes I cant.

As far as the caravan, they have always come. Id say the media is doing its job like usual of dividing and stretching and contorting the truth of the matter beyond what should seem appropriate. All stops and misinformation will be pulled before any election.

just my 2 cents.

• waton
    waton
    I personally know some of these kids and their successes and can not imagine sending them “back to their country” when they would essentially be a foreigner in a foreign land. tgnd:

Yeah, think about that, by sending them back, we can send a message about of lawlessness,illegality having consequences, and in the same process, enrich these places with the treasure trove of expertise acquired by these illegals* in schools here, including birth control.

* probably publicly funded with money that should have gone to native students, and now is owed on their student loans.

The caravan will bring us more of the same, and that why it should be stopped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit