Sweet 16 - Happy Birthday to Us !

by Simon 59 Replies latest forum announcements

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Simon - Congrats and Thank you.

Mrs. Toes and I came here about 3 years ago. I am very happy that I will not be attending this years memorial. Many thanks to all of you on this site keeping us informed, encouraged and laughing!

Mr. Toes

• HB
    HB
    I wonder how many lives JWN has (literally) saved?
  • steve2
    steve2

This site respects confidentiality and provides a safe forum for people to own their views and beliefs.

Most people coming here have had their fill of being preached to, "told" by well-meaning JWs what's motivating them (e.g., "Steve, are you sure your doubts aren't prompted by a desire to leave Jehovah?") and served truckloads of treacly emotional blackmail.

It's a fantastic experience to be able to constructively work through issues on posts with a strong sense of mutual understanding and support. Sure, there are some very vigorous exchanges - it happens when people are free to courageously discuss complex topics (versus being told what to believe and what to avoid!).

I've been here over ten years and I trace my ability to constructively explore difficult issues and express my views to the encouragement, support and even the challenges I've encountered along the way.

I came here looking for black and white and soon realized that life in all its wonder and painfulness is seldom that way.

Thanks Simon for providing the venue for safe and meaningful and at times, necessarily difficult exchanges.

• talesin
    talesin

Happy Burfday, and thanks Si and Angh!

• mana11
    mana11
    Well done Simon, 16 years on the net is awesome..
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Praise dionysus!!!

Of course its not really a birthday party until someone gets their head chopped off!

1. Salome dances at Herod’s birthday party; 2. Salome brings the head of John the Baptist to Herodias

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Happy birthday forum....Many thanks to Simon and other mods for all the hard work ( not bad going for a fat Asian man with a small winky!!!)
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Well done and congratulations Simon. This forum encapsulates all that is good about the internet. Free speech, democratic and self regulating. It brings people together, is international, doesn't see colour and has so many qualities I can't even express them.

Well done to Simon and all the contributors.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Congrats, happy birthday and best wishes. Thank Simon for the hard work.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Happy Happy Birthday JWN!!!

Thank you Simon and Ang for all the hard work and time put into this site.

It was a scary place for me in the beginning, but my friend Ann O'Maly kept telling me about discussions that were going on and eventually I peeked at the site, and became a member a few years later.

I met my first exJW here, a former mod, (I think), Sassy. Since then I have made many true friends from here IRL.

Here's to many more JW finding this place and creating new lives for themselves. Cheers!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit