Sweet 16 - Happy Birthday to Us !

by Simon 59 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

It's the forum's 16th birthday today!

Amazing that not only have we lasted so long but we're still thriving and growing.

Thanks to all the people and often colorful characters who've contributed to the site over the years. Some are still here with us, some have since moved on, but all have touched each others lives in some way along our different journeys.

• Tricked
    Tricked
    That is quite the achievement. You and everyone who contributes to this site should be very proud. This site is invaluable in helping so many.
  • Bangalore
    Bangalore

Happy Birthday,JWN.Thank you Simon for all your hard work in running this great site.

Bangalore

• stan livedeath
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Simon's first OP - as far as I can tell - from16 years ago:

Welcome to the newest Jehovah's Witness discussion forum on the Net.

Please register so that you can post to the forum and turn this into a welcoming place for other brothers and sisters online

A little further down the thread Simon writes:

Hi ManofTrueGod
    We've had a few introductions from people (on another topic somewhere) but I'm hoping it won't need to become as formal and intimidating to register with as some of the other forums.
    It does mean that we only know about people what they will tell us. I think it's more important to go off what people say than who they say they are (after all, imposters will tell us that they are JWs the same as genuine ones will so how can we tell if not by what they say)

Wow! Simon was a died in the wool JW, paranoid about apostates and all! LOL. It's amazing how much we can change in life once we practice intellectual honesty and follow the evidence no matter where it leads.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    great milestone !
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Here's wishing for another 16 years (providing you haven't got sick of us all by then, Simon).
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Happy birthday :-D Thanks for being here!
  • pixel
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I wonder how much damage this has done to the org over the years. One could only guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit