Sweet 16 - Happy Birthday to Us !

by Simon 59 Replies latest forum announcements

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Since I know now that birthday's are ok and no one is going to get decapitated. Here is to the forum and after the memorial I will raise my wine glass and wish Simon and forum many more years to come.Image result for happy birthday
  • steve2
    steve2

Upon relfection, isn't it ludicrous that among the "arguments" marshalled against birthday celebrations is the one about the Scriptural account of the beheading that occurred during a birthday party?

Interestingly, there was a time that, whenever the jw literature featured an article "frowning upon" the celebration of birthdays, those who celebrated them were portrayed as worldly revellers over-indulging in food and alcohol with implied licentiousness. I think in more recent years, they've toned down the rhetoric a shade or two but the "frowning upon" continues.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice Simon , this site and your diligent up keep has helped thousands recuperate after leaving the JW cult.

You are a true humanitarian.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused
    Congrats! Damn, I was 16 when this forum was created.... Wish I woke-up then. Better late than never!
  • cofty
    cofty
    Of course its not really a birthday party until someone gets their head chopped off!

Can I nominate somebody?

Congratulations Simon. This forum has genuinely helped a lot of people and probably saved a life or two.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thank you soooo much Simon. I wonder how many lives you and others here have saved, or in

some mental institution.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    "hip hip Hooray!"
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Congrats Simon, and happy birthday to the forum. Pretty cool to make it 16 years online.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I got here 2 years after you started up..

Wow!..Time Flys..

You`ve Changed a Lot of Lives with This Forum..

Thank You and Angharad both..

..............http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YeSKE1gBdBo/VJ7SgPfHEyI/AAAAAAAAACs/PbKCVrBppao/s1600/happy-birthday.gif

......http://i.imgur.com/oGtO9K9.gif

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

When I first came to this site I was seeking answers to questions I had while studying. I was in an uncomfortable situation and was afraid to ask them. I read posts everyday and well.... let's just say my questions were answered and I knew there was no way I would ever be baptized as a JW. In that sense this site truly did save my life! Thank you so much to Simon and to all who have posted and helped me learn. I appreciate it more than words can convey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit