Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    No I haven't my facts are correct all you have to do is google enantiomers. My chemistry is correct cofty. You say you have proof God does not exist and all you can say is that I have misrepresented the facts.

It's been proven time and time again that you've no idea what you're talking about. Simply repeating that you're correct shows that you've no idea what constitutes evidence, how a chain of evidence works and that your understanding of chemistry in general, much less specifically organic chemistry, is high school level at best.

am a chemical analyst and I have other chemical analysts on this board that can back me up about homochirality and racemic mixtures.

Clearly state your position that you think is correct.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Clearly state your position that you think is correct-Viv

I will repeat for you Viv.

Normally when talking in layman's terms we would describe enantionmers as being the same molecule but a mirror image just like a left and right hand. Using lego can slightly distract from the fact that they are in fact the same molecule.

They have all the same properties and when formed in the lab the left and right hand form a racemic mixture which is 50% of each enantiomer or stereo isomer. Soai did not show that in nature there is a racemic mixture. This is an incorrect statement you made cofty. Sorry.

Soai showed that an auto catalyst was involved in order for a majority of left handed molecules only were formed in nature. This is not like throwing heads five time in a row, it's like throwing heads a million times in a row. The L-enantiomer in nature is not a slight surplus it's a huge majority. This is called a homochiral mixture.

Cofty said all this means there is no magic involved. This statement is strawman and has no substance. Cofty said he can prove God does not exist. How has he proved proved this to me?

I am not saying it's magic, I am saying an auto catalyst is evidence of guidance.

Nobody has proven my chemistry is wrong. Where is the evidence Viv?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Kate I explained it in my earlier post and in a discussion months ago. How one type of enantiomers came to dominate life was succinctly resolved by Saoi.

You think you know better and that the real answer is "magic". OK

• KateWild
    KateWild
    It's been proven time and time again that you've no idea what you're talking about.-Viv

What have I said that is incorrect chemistry, you the one who doesn't understand what I am talking about as you don't enter into a chemical conversation with me.

• cofty
  • KateWild
    KateWild
    How one type of enantiomers came to dominate life was succinctly resolved by Saoi.-cofty

Why do you use the term resolved? I would say he discovered what was already happening in nature. Why does this prove there is no God to you personally cofty.......I am interested genuinely?

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thank you cofty for the paper

I have read it before and don't grasp where your proof is. This is the conclusion

CONCLUSION Asymmetric autocatalysis with amplification of enantiomeric excess in the Soai reaction is an area under study and development. The kinetic studies of Blackmond and coworkers have provided insight into the mechanism of the Soai reaction. However, a complete mechanism for the Soai reaction is rate = k[3][3][5]active (3) rate = k[7][7][5]active (4) N N H O N N H O Zn(iPr)2 (iPr)2Zn 3 7 4 Scheme 3. Aldehyde-Zinc Complex and Blackmond's Revised Model 8 going to require a description of how the chiral information passes through the autocatalytic cycle. The full elucidation of the mechanism of the Soai reaction should pose a very interesting area of future research for organic chemists and allow extension and rational development of this very promising area.

After reading this this what I draw from it is that we have an understanding of why homochirality exists in nature. Why does it prove to you there is no God?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty
    Why does this prove there is no God to you personally cofty

It doesn't, obviously.

You constantly point to this quirk of living things to suggest the need for a designer. The evidence shows that unguided evolution accounts for it.

As I have said many times we can't discuss the question of whether "god" exists until the one asking the question defines what they mean by god.

As soon as they do that it can be shown beyond all reasonable doubt that he/she/it is impossible or irrelevant.

Unsurprisingly believers tend to be very coy about the details.

• cofty
    cofty
    we have an understanding of why homochirality exists in nature

Yes and there was no magic involved.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    You think you know better and that the real answer is "magic". OK-cofty

LOL hahhaha Are you just baiting me young man???? I don't call it magic ok??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit