Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    not a fact, popular opinion. The moon revolves around the barycenter, so does the earth.

Or, the moon orbits the earth and moon's common barycenter, which is inside the earth (about 3/4 of the radius from the core to the crust), so it is 100% correct to say the moon orbits the earth. Of course, given that the moon does not have a circular orbit, it's elliptical with with an apsidal precession and some eccentricity.

The moon revolves, or more properly, rotates, upon it's own axis once every 27.3-ish days, also called a sidereal month.

• prologos
    prologos

you see what can be gleaned by looking in the right places, and the more we look, the more we discover how it all works, and was made to work.

added: and if you can remember, most stars are in binary systems revolving around their barycenters too. There seems to be a thing about pairs in the cosmos, could it have a common creator?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    an auto catalyst is evidence of guidance.

I think an important question to ask is, "How is the existence of an auto catalyst evidence of divine guidance and not just evidence of the existence of an auto catalyst being a part of nature?

One can easily say that about other things. For instance, "Gravity is evidence of guidance." OK, interesting statement, but how is that evidence of guidance, namely divine guidance?

What is the line of evidence that makes one think that the existence of an auto catalyst is evidence for a creator?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    you see what can be gleaned by looking in the right places, and the more we look, the more we discover how it all works, and was made to work.

Exactly.

I think an important question to ask is, "How is the existence of an auto catalyst evidence of divine guidance and not just evidence of the existence of an auto catalyst being a part of nature?

That's what keeps not getting answered, cappytan. You've precisely identified the issue, assuming the underlying statements about homichirality were correct (they aren't).

• WireRider
    WireRider

I believe in "something". Something that is still beyond any definitions we have. I think the gaps in evolution more recently, happened by something. If you look are the world, virtually every culture has a "something" story that compels them to gather and for lack of a better word, worship. Cultures that never could have had communicated at the time have very similar ideas of "something".

I think there was genetic manipulations of species. Perhaps in a petri dish sort of way. When under a PET scan (or which ever) certain isolated areas of the brain light up when devote religious people pray. Ironically it was found that the same isolated areas light up when you show a addict pictures of drugs. Go figure. What compels people to have a slave mentality, that is very universal? Built that way? Programmed into genes?

I believe in "something". But not in any conventional way - and certainly not as organized religion tries to TELL me how. I don't need to pray to "something". I don't need to serve or be a slave to anyone. But ... I would like to take a walk with "something" some day. I have a few questions.

I reject the non-believers of the Trinity, and I think the people that do believe are seriously limiting themselves to what "something" is. "something" could separate into a million parts, each equal and the same being, inhabit everyone at the same time, and then merge and make it home in time for dinner as still the same being. Why is that so far fetched. Created the world, genetically created millions of planets and species - yet people still think of "something" with only human traits they can understand? We have yet to understand "something" and have no words that can be used.

What really burns me are humans that claim to speak with "something" and be their representative. TO USE GOD". I give a resounding Bullshit. It drives people away to have humans claim to be in control FOR God. "God wants us to do that" - "Jesus wants us to do this" ..... Really - you had a conversation with God lately? Give me his phone number. How do you know he picked YOU to run my life in his name? Organized religion is organized blasphemy. I don't care how nice your office looks.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Frequently, creationist arguments amount to, "This is complex. Therefore, God exists."

Which God? Why that God?

• WireRider
    WireRider
    What if ALL Gods are the same one - perceived in many ways according to the individuals beliefs and filters? Would kind of suck if we found out that the Christian and Islamic and Hindu and Aztec and Mayan etc - all turned out to be the same "something" - as they interpreted it - and had so many useless wars in the name of "their" God.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

And if the the justification for there being a god is the complexity and (implied) design found in the universe, how does 'God' himself escape the same justification?

Is he not (supposedly) the most complex, perfect thing in "existence"?

How does this 'God' fellow escape needing a creator himself?

Who built this "Jehovah's" perfect house?

Is your only justification for him not being created is because his bronze age authors say so?

Creationist insist the things they see around them are proof the big J is the creator, so the same should i apply to him, who's his creator?

Oh I know... ancient men

• cofty
    cofty
    Rainbows are pretty - therefore Jesus!
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    What if ALL Gods are the same one - perceived in many ways according to the individuals beliefs and filters?

First show me any proof that any god exists, then we can discuss all gods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit