Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    From your OP it's clear you mean the god of the bible. No, not even a remote chance, imo. Not a fart in a hurricane.

I don't know enough about any other gods postulated to come to a firm conclusion, though I doubt their existence. Silence can be deafening.

As for the source of the material universe being an immaterial mind...
    Fuq if I know. I can imagine less likely things. Eat some shrooms and the idea of a god is banal and unimaginative, at best.
  • millie210
    millie210
    unkiejimmy
    God died after he created the universe.

Thats actually a very interesting statement unkie!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Saintbertholdt:

"The one thing that still sticks with me that the Watchtower organization gave me is a vision of paradise. I think that is where humanity should be heading."

• Miss_Nk
    Miss_Nk

I definitely don't anymore. I grew up believing all bad things were caused by satan. My mum would curse satan if she so much as stubbed a toe or bumped her head against a door. I was soo scared of Jehovah punishing me for eating a piece of birthday cake when I was about 5, that made me have horrible nightmares for weeks.

P.s- If I win the lotto jackpot, I might reconsider

• Warren Wilson
    Warren Wilson
    Nope.When I was a child I thought as a child,reasoned as a child and believed as a child but when I became a man I put away childish things.
  • crazyhorse
    crazyhorse
    I don't know what to believe. What does that make me?
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    No more than I believe there are bogeymen under my bed or in my closet.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I believe in human ignorance and human imagination, which were both responsible for the reason why gods were originally created by man, not to fault.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Yes of course we can- cofty

No you haven't been able to prove to me with evidence that a creator was not responsible for guiding evolution and especially the formation of enantiomers. The Soai reaction is not substantial evidence it just proves that in nature there is an auto catalyst. This is really evidence of guidance rather than chance formation.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Then the question is as meaningless as whether there is a teapot orbiting Mars.-cofty

Lol Occam's Razor eh?

My perspective is that it is more probable a creator is responsible for guiding evolution than l-enantiomers forming in nature without any guidance. Chemistry supports my beliefs.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit