Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Life is amazing and beautiful and ripe with possibility... Optimistic people who are intrigued with the mystery of life as much as the documentation of it. - Millie

I agree 100%

The garden is beautiful. It is not enhanced by myths about fairies behind the bushes.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

LaureanM ( Q) " Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

The Rebel ( A) I still believe in Holy Love. So I try to respect the " Dogs" that call themselfs " Gods".

And if you spell" God" backwards what have you got?

The answer is " DOG"

So what am I trying to say?

I believe in Dogs, and I try to respect all forms of physical existence, be it dogs,cats or elephants.( Now an elephant is a God in the Hindu religion)

The Rebel

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Cofty,

As soon as the person posing the question carefully defines what they mean by "god" we can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that it does not exist.

How about this: An entity that has started a simulation which we know as the universe which is in its n'th iteration for whatever purpose this entity has desired e.g. experimentation with universal parameters/sadism/personal pleasure etc. This entity is all powerful/impersonal and does not care about individual sentient outcomes but only the simulation outcome.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I do, absolutely. studied a lot and the Bible is more clear to me now.

I think that the jw's are close but not the whole truth, they have some things that still comes from false doctrine.

They are right about no trinity, about the soul, about the kingdom on earth, but there are many other doctrines where they are somewhere between the mainstream christianity and the Bible.

• cofty
    cofty
    How about this: An entity that has started a simulation which we know as the universe which is in its n'th iteration for whatever purpose this entity has desired e.g. experimentation with universal parameters/sadism/personal pleasure etc. This entity is all powerful/impersonal and does not care about individual sentient outcomes but only the simulation outcome. - saintb..

Then the question is as meaningless as whether there is a teapot orbiting Mars.

Believers, and those who merely believe in belief, invariably mean something far more than an impersonal force when they smugly assert "you can't prove there is no god"

They rarely have the courage of their convictions to hold their beliefs up to the light.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I will say that I tend to agree with the opening post. The God of the Bible is horrible. And the Bible has thoroughly been debunked by those willing to actually look at the facts. So if people want to believe in a creator that doesn't reveal himself and doesn't have minions collecting money for him, then fine. But no thanks on my part. If any god is out there, he would know why I deserve a pass on worshipping him.
  • cofty
    cofty
    They are right about ... the kingdom on earth - paradise

That is their most pernicious doctrine of all.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ cofty

I think the kingdom of God where Jesus will rule is a true doctrine, just that Jesus will be here on earth. I do not believe the purpose of God is to transform this planet in a paradise. I believe the purpose of God is to give immortality to some people, to people who believe and love God.

Jesus preached 2 things: the kingdom and immortality. Not eternal life as a flesh and blood human being as the jw's say, immortality as a new kind of human being, the new creation, a type of human being with unperishable bodies, like Jesus was after resurrection.

• prologos
    prologos

cofty
    12 minutes ago
    They are right about ... the kingdom on earth - paradise

That is their most pernicious doctrine of all.---because that doctrine implies there is something wrong with nature as it is. but in mho It is not wrong, it is right, because it is right here.

• cofty
    cofty

Paradise - that's a lot of "I think" and "I believe".

What about facts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit