Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    In other words: Evil exists = No god Saved JW

I have never come across anybody who has attempted to make such a facile argument. Have you?

I find it strange how people simply discredit the existence of god by using subjective emotions of what morality should or should not look like

Not heard that simplistic argument either.

I have had an idea. Perhaps you haven't been following the argument and just inventing a straw man because that's easier than dealing honestly with the evidence.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Cofty:

I Was done with this thread until he had the nerve to associate atheists with emotions. Theists entire reliance on their belief is based on emotions whereas scientific atheism is purely based on facts. So done with with emotion junkies.

Here is your logic diests/theists:

Thousands have reported Leprechauns and BELIEVE in them, therfore they ARE!

• prologos
    prologos

"Here is your logic diests/theists": ---

which die-sts (sic) have appealed to emotions, ghosts here? SSC?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You, for one, prologos.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Hi viv, how are you pumpkin?
  • prologos
    prologos

have appealed to emotions, "--you.--" viviane, you must have referred to this post to the barrel-clad lady;

"bsw, I am sure there would* be room in that barrel for the two of us. * if I would not be happily married." ?????

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14
    I still believe in God....that there is a creator, but I don't have to accept the Old Testament and the concept of God that some primitive nomads living in the desert, 3000 years ago....
  • cofty
    cofty
    I still believe in God....that there is a creator

Why?

I don't have to accept the Old Testament

Jesus did

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

JustHuman144

I still believe in God....that there is a creator, but I don't have to accept the Old Testament and the concept of God that some primitive nomads living in the desert, 3000 years ago....

All scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16). What gives you the right to discern which is beneficial or applicable? "Get out there and stone your gay today" sayeth the Lord. Get to it.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

And that is an example of why we have so many different gods and beliefs.....like it or not we create the god we can live with. Every culture does that including Jesus and his followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit