Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Wire, listen to him. I don't brown nose and if Cofty fucked up I'd be the first to let him know. But this man is like my grandfather. Pragmatic, doesn't suffer fools and is very well read. What do you have to lose? So much to gain!
  • WireRider
    WireRider

Brief scan of the long videos. I can agree will instinctual concepts of things like fight or flight concepts. But what is it that compels people from ever continent to independently develop a compulsion for religion in such a uniform way? Perhaps it is a mental predisposition for a higher authority or want to be relieved of complex decisions - but what caused human evolution to suddenly fast forward to that level? It is entirely possible that that worship, servitude, and religion were instilled to humans by design.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Wire:

Just read the recommendations and take it from there.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

WireRider23 minutes ago
    Why did hundreds of independent cultures point up and say "God"? And have an overwhelming compulsion to pay homage and pray and believe is a being greater than us? How did that happen?

I beleive its connected with the human compulsion to see "intentionality" in everything.

So imagine 65, 000 years ago homo sapiens jo and jane are walking close to the dark woods, they both hear a rustle

jo hears the noise and thinks a tree rustles

jane hears the noise and thinks someone MADE the tree rustle

jo does nothing

jane runs

a hungry bear jumps out and eats jo, jane escapes and lives to pass on her genes: the tendency to see events as CAUSED by an AGENT or AGENCY is passed on

Thus the human tendency to see agency in everything is universal, and the ultimate agent is God/s.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Diogensister:

Awesome! 👍👌

• prologos
    prologos

The joes or' jane does' that think trees rustle by their own volition, , (or created themselves) are still getting eaten

(by their faild logic)

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    prologos36 minutes agoThe joes or' jane does' that think trees rustle by their own volition, , (or created themselves) are still getting eaten
    (by their faild logic)

And vehicles with square wheels won't roll downhill. But I sure as hell won't use that logic to equip my vehicles with square wheels..

• prologos
    prologos

SSC"--won't roll downhill--". dynamic friction is lower than static friction. once you are on a downhill slide it is downhill all the way, even if you tried to square the circle.

bsw. Bears and dear mark and rustle trees to advertise their presence. is it not good we found the causes for so many events? and being held in suspense to confirm the ultimate cause?

added: I am a believer in the process of evolution bsw; in my understanding, even abiogenesis might be in the realm of spontaneous action***, but the self-creating cosmos would put me into a "square wheel downhill slide" too.

***even if it's laboratory replication would not be.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sigh.... Ok prologos try this one:

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    And how many grapes in a bunch of bananas? Six coconuts is the answer. Except on the first day of Wednesday on the 9th day of every week on the 93rd week of every third leap year when the sun falls into the moon's orbit and makes for a lovely cool day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit