Why all the hate...

by Dystopia 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The hate goes toward the actions, the destructive control over the individuals actions.

The hate is not directed at a person, It is at their actions.The actions demanded by the WTBTS of the "faithful" JWs have killed, hurt, and destroyed many lives.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I post on this site. I don't feel that I hate JW. I work with and have coffee with JW.

I suppose the closest I came to cutting all ties with JW was when I watched the videos of the Royal Commission in Australia.

When I left the JW for theological differences after being raised a JW. I felt concerned at the time that this may cause a split in the family. However I encouraged my wife to continue to attend if that is what she wanted to do. She didn't. (She attended a few times over the first few years.) No elder or elders wife has ever enquired in 20 years as to how she felt about the truth she was raised as JW and baptised Witness for 20 years.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No hate here, just venting about problems inside the Org. really, no true hate.

DY

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Dystopia, is the watchtower "perfect", free from errors? If that is not the case, could you point out a few things you have seen to be wrong or you feel don't work right now? Would you feel at ease in doing this? Has the society expressed regrets over past mistakes? If not, why?

Try this: Go to your hall and start a conversation about how the measurements of a pyramid in Egypt was used to support 1914 as the date for Armageddon. Discuss on how Charles Russell spent a lot of time on this teaching explaining it at length in many of his writings and images.

Will the people you talk to be casual about this or will they feel threatened? Please reflect on that particular feeling. Why is it there? Where is the fear coming from?

Now, compare with the bible writers who reported their short comings and did not hide such information. Did people feel afraid about reading these accounts?

These questions are not the type the you should be able to answer in a second. Please take time to reflect on these. Real time. Like a day or so.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Dystopia you were deleted from this site because you offended people who have been personally hurt and abused by the watchtower organization. They come here for support when they have nowhere else to go. There is no place here for people who say 'actually your complaints are completely unfounded, witness policies work fine!' The people who have been hurt know better.

But why would you want this thread deleted? It wouldn't be because the responses you have gotten show how legitimate our feelings toward the organization are, would it?

I'm still interested in why you would come to this site and name yourself dystopia.Its not just a coincidence. I feel like you are almost one of us. Maybe in denial half the time of your own doubts.

We have all been there and know what that's like. It's a hard time.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    ...seriously we need to put this thread to bed, this numbskull deserves not another millisecond of our time.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't think we should delete a thread just because someone says something we don't like. Dystopia asked a legitimate question for someone who is a believing Jehovah's Witness and he got some excellent responses. We should allow believing Jehovah's Witnesses to come here and challenge us as long as they don't break the Forum rules. Otherwise we are no better than the Watchtower, who shuts down anyone who doesn't believe 100% in the Governing Body.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, even if the person asking the question isn't genuine and is just trolling, it doesn't negate the question or, more importantly, the answers given which can be of huge benefit to readers who are searching for things in future.

That's why it's important to keep on topic, even if someone is a troll. Don't make it about them which is disruptive (what they want), keep it about addressing the questions they raised and debunking the crazy for all to see (what they don't want).

it's a sign of a robust and healthy community that most of the time we're able to do that and look at the bigger picture.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

FYI I didn't mean delete it, meant enough stroking this bozo's ego with faltering him with responses. Personally find little value in entertaining those who refuse to examine the whole picture. Let them live in denial.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Whats observable to see is that people who've just come into the JW religion see only the perceivable good things from their first impressions and experience, their early introductory is void of the real antagonizing and harmful things this religion does to people from both a sociological and psychological perspective,

Its all warm glossy wholesomeness at first, full of love friendship and good works toward the general public at large and this has been purposely constructed to allure people in the first place.

But then as time progresses there is so much other engaging things which makes being a part of this religion or this contained social environment much less appealing and problematic overall .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit