Why all the hate...

by Dystopia 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

My psychological sense tells me that we as earthly representation will choose symbolism to represent ourselves. Read, Read, Read!!!!! Research plenty!

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    I do hate the Governing Nobody, because they have given themselves the key into so many good peoples hearts. I love many brothers, not the narcissistic Ted Bundy/Gacy kind, or the self serving, hate filled, gossiping, crime building Sisters. HATE THOSE BASTARDS!!!
  • Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

Your Life is an Avatar, Pendejo!

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Dystopia your cavalier manner regarding failed reportings of child abuse when it is required by law is well sickening. How would you feel if your child was raped yet you were told NOT to report it to the police or you might be disfellowshipped? Guess what that's happened to thousands. Or are the millions upon millions of dollars paid out because everyone is lying?

Why did the BOE audit letter in November specifically ask Elders to destroy notes i.e. EVIDENCE regarding child rape cases? Could that be because the Watchtower is preparing for many many more lawsuits and is attempting to cover their butts? I'll give you two guesses and the first two don't count.

...no there is not hate for Jehovah's Witnesses there's hate for the dangerous policies that break bible laws and affect people's lives irrevocably. The problem is that we have been influenced to always defend the organization rather than people.

For those of us that have endured abuse, had a child abused or dealt with abuse and have a heavy conscience and so on the cavalier manner in which you speak is simply unacceptable.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't hate Jehovah's Witnesses individually, but I do hate the Watchtower as an organization. I think you should hate any organization that lies about its history, uses cult mind control and covers up the sexual abuse of children.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The fixation on Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't make any sense..... Dystopia

Only if you can`t remember.....You started a thread about JW`s..

The Topic is JW`s.....Your Thread.....Your Topic..

Why all the hate...

...toward Jehovah's Witnesses?.....Dystopia

• Luna
    Luna
    I am very new to this site. Today actually is my first time here. I was raised as a JW, I pioneered for 20 years instead of going to college. My husband has been PO for many years. I am not fully out yet because I have one son and grand baby still in, and if he knows my true feelings I will never see my grandchild. While I was in HS my closest friend needed an organ transplant but her parents were told she couldn't because it was cannibalism. She died. My mother, as a young child was denied immunization because they too were considered unscriptural. She has suffered most of her life from a serious childhood illness that could have been avoided. My sister came very very close to losing her life from a hemmerage during childbirth, possible leaving behind 3 little children. When I think of these things now, I realize how foolish and unnecessy the losses were. Today, my friend would be alive because the wt has changed their minds on their view of organ transplants. My mother would be a healthy lady because they also changed their views on immunization. All because this rigid cult made choices for these people they have never met. They have changed lives and affected and hurt so many people and rather than apologize for making a mistake, the arrogantly said "the light got brighter" so adjustments were made. But my friend is still dead. I love her family because although they too have been freed from this cult, they no longer hate. If you were never in a cult you won't understand how people could allow these men to direct your lives, but it's easy because the GB are masterminds at this, as was Rutherford. You are threatened that if you leave you will be shunned by everyone you know, including your family. And you can't really blame your friends and family because they have been trained to believe by shunning you they are showing love and helping you to see the need to come back. The only problem with that is that those who do return, do so for family, not Jehovah, because a god full of love would never treat his children like that. Most of the time JW's are not straight out told not to do something, first they are shown twisted scriptures about total obedience, then they are told that a mature Christian who really loved Jehovah would never do that. A very strong form of brainwashing. I personally feel there are some very self righteous JW's, but I also believe there are many good hearted, loving people who are entirely brainwashed or living in fear of losing their families if they dare think for themselves. So while I don't hate JW's, and I doubt the majority who've left truly hate them, they've been deeply hurt and many were not allowed an education, to start a family or even purchase homes, because Armageddon was right around the corner. When you see the big picture, you can't help but grieve for these people. They're not haters, they're hurt.
  • Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

Welcome Luna!

• Alive!
    Alive!

So true Luna.

I have placed reasonable questions in front of JW friends I have trusted and loved - easy to understand objections to various doctrines, doctrines that intelligent non-witnesses find repellent on good scriptural basis - in each case, I received a blank stare, followed by 'I need to research' followed by either a watchtower article...or 'have you been reading apostate material' or silence...inspite of the urgency of the situation as my 'trust' in the organisation was undermined by obviously massive holes in doctrine, rules etc.

Because I chose to live a life of vocal faith, witnessing, taking a 'stand' etc - when I could not support certain articles, or contrived 'new truths' I experienced angst beyond words....I was gagged. I broke the gag - the ongoing situation is darned hard.

I'm so sorry for your own difficult situation - it's hard to maintain ones sanity when we only want to live honourably.

'I'm ungrateful' to the org and God apparently - and just raising empty reasonings....WRONG.

• JRK
    JRK

Why not?

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit