Congregation Reassignments in Ohio?

by My Name is of No Consequence 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''JW's are the Sears and Roebuck of religions here in the USA. They're closing stores because of poor sales (attendance), poor marketing, and failure to introduce new, exciting, quality products''

Maybe it's because of the ''management at the very top''. Making very $hitty decisions or decisions on a whim. Perhaps not being ''inspired'' maybe or ''not infallible'' or something along those lines.

Probably a huge garage sale or auction is on the horizon. Like a huge Sears department store sell-off.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Was just at the meeting tonight in Cincinnati. They announced there will be elders meeting in pubs homes to go over where they will be reassigned. Then they will post who will be in the KH on the information board in about a week or so.

Nice. :(

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I just got a call from the CO. He said that they are selling all the Kingdom Halls in the greater Cincinnati area.

Then my alarm clock went off, and I realized it was all just a dream.

Damn!

• stumbledbyothers
    stumbledbyothers

From listening into the KH Meeting tie-in today:

The 7-hills congregation is to merge in with Brookside, Ridge, Brecksville. Brecksville to relocate to W130th KH (two congs go there now). 7-Hills hall to be up for sale.

Think they are calling it "Restructuring Utilization Plan"

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

what ever they call it its GOOD NEWS

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just imagine that you’re still in, but the reality of life is kicking your ass, and in the deep recesses of your mind, you know that “Jehovah” is not coming to rescue you....

You’re getting older. You have no education. Your income is not even close to keeping up with the cost of living. You soldier on day after day, month after month, year after year. Meetings, meetings, meetings.... Boring field service week after week. Money always going out, barely coming in....

With no end in sight, you’re told that you must now drive even further to the meetings. Meanwhile, the Borg continues to take, take, take..

Your soul is dying..

DD

• LV101
    LV101

It's definitely great news/topic but don't forget the '3,000' properties to be sold over a period of time (3-5 yrs?) was announced on a leaked video in 2015. Is it possible many halls, Bethels, whatever, have already been sold? I hope they underestimated the 3,000 figure but they've been selling off properties since that video.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    1975 - no light bulb
    A generation is "2 overlapping groups" and can span 180+ years - no light bulb
    Taking blood "components" is a sin worthy of eternal destruction, but taking blood "fractions" is A-OK - no light bulb
    Your Kingdom Hall loan is forgiven, replaced by a never-ending monthly demanded payment - no light bulb
    Dozens of branch offices closed, Awake magazine reduced from 768 to 48 pages per year, 100+ year tradition of Yearbooks abandoned, etc etc. etc. ad nauseum & infinitum - no light bulb
    Why would "we're closing your Kingdom Hall, drive somewhere else" cause any such "light bulb" moment?

Because each of the other changes involve just accepting abstract changes or a reduction in what you are receiving.

Actually rearranging your life so that you can travel greater distances to make meetings involves you actively having to do something.

Plus it comes on top of all the other changes you mention. So there is likely a cumulative effect as well. For many the additional ask will surely be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

• careful
    careful

Thanks stumbledbyothers.

Of those in that greater Cleveland area, the Seven Hills KH is worth the most money since it is in the highest socioeconomic location. The distance from Brecksville to W 130th St. is a considerable distance. Will the publishers in the upper-middle class place enjoy being sent to a lower middle-class location with a considerable drive to boot, and losing their own nice KH? Not likely.

The GB, in their great interest to make money, are sowing the seeds of discontent among those in the best position to contribute financially, give the largest green handshakes to the CO and visiting Bethel speakers, etc. Shooting themselves in the foot again, now by irritating their greatest supporters?

Avon Lake has already been mentioned. Does anyone know what's happening on the east side?

These lawsuits over their bungling of the child abuse cases must be really bleeding them dry. Of course, in their eyes they are not to blame, just like the 1975 fiasco.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ careful:

Where is the hall on W. 130th Street? Regardless, that's MILES from Seven Hills and Brecksville.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit