Congregation Reassignments in Ohio?

by My Name is of No Consequence 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Hopefully the 3000 propertys that they are selling off will just be the start as they will need money to keep all the headquaters around the world going and they still need money to keep produceing the bimonthly magazines and single page tracts

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Hopefully the 3000 propertys that they are selling off will just be the start as they will need money to keep all the headquaters around the world going and they still need money to keep produceing the bimonthly magazines and single page tracts''

You know, with people being put out of their way more and more and having to drive much further distances the bros might just end up saying ''screw you you're on your own'', we're not travelling 50 miles each way.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

If the rank and file have done what the watchtower wants and have got a low income job they will be really pushed to find the extra money to get to the kingdom hall

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

You got that right. People aren’t going to travel that far - especially on a winter night. I know I wouldn’t have. They are going to have even emptier kingdom halls.

I had problems making meetings back in the day with a hall that was twelve minutes away. Just as well I’m out because I’d never do this.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Long Hair Girl

''You got that right. People aren’t going to travel that far - especially on a winter night. I know I wouldn’t have. They are going to have even emptier kingdom halls.''

You have to be out of your freakin' cotton-picking mind to be driving 50 or miles each way on a winter night when the windchills are in the -40 and below and endangering your family. Can't blame the JW's who think practically and say ''Nah, forget it'' ,''not safe''. Good thinking, practical people think like this. Survivors.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

insightful comments Pepperheart, very insightful indeed, you sound like you've really got an inside contact , BTW you do know that Branch offices are being sold off also?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Longhairgal - You got that right. People aren’t going to travel that far - especially on a winter night. I know I wouldn’t have. They are going to have even emptier kingdom halls.

That's part of the plan, then they can sell this hall also.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Looks like thw Borg is creating a Tsunami of unhappy brothers, moved from their home congregations , now with added expense and time to attend meetings, as well as the thousands worldwide, of ex bethelites, ‘reassigned’ to the field or as we say in the UK, well and truly shafted. Those who considered themselves to be Heavies, at bethel, have hit the ground hard. So potentially a ground swell of discontent rippling through congregations which could lead to a true full blown Tsunami of disconnect of witnesses having to face the reality that cash matters more to the Borg, than their welfare.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

On the west side of cleveland 2 congregations are "scheduled for termination" and a lot of reshuffling for the rest. This will Keep the r&f occupied for a while . when they read the letter they talked about keeping up with jehovahs chariot. what a joke. I guess they had a lot of unhappy campers in other areas so the elders are personally meeting with everybody instead of posting a list on the bulletin board where everybody is to go

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ nowwhat...

Yep. A couple of elders are coming over on Saturday to speak with my wife and son. Like I said, there are a lot of upset people within the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit