Congregation Reassignments in Ohio?

by My Name is of No Consequence 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

From what I understand, a letter was read this past week in regards to congregation reassignments and that the elders want to meet with people at their homes to tell them where they have been reassigned. Obviously, this would be due to the merging and dissolution of congregations. Can anyone confirm this?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In the end, I suspect people will continue to attend wherever the f*** they want to attend. "Assigning" publishers to different Congs has NEVER worked.

I guess they would be "encouraged" to go to a certain congregation.

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

I have heard that announcements are being made at this week's meeting.

• sir82
    sir82

That's pretty unusual, to have the elders meet in the homes.

At the convention, the video that showed had a list posted at the KH and everybody crowded around to see where they were assigned.Presumably that is the standard model.

My guess (if the above is really how it is being handled) is that some, or a lot, of the reassignments might be viewed as "controversial" and they are hoping to avoid a "scene" at the KH.

From what I heard, many of the friends are not happy. There has already been several mergers in my area of Ohio. It sounds like the org is reshuffling the deck.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The "personal touch" may be getting invoked to prevent potentially outspoken "evict-ims" (see what I did there?) from causing a scene when they read the letter on the notice board.

I distinctly remember years ago the distress voiced by some when the book-study groups were "re-arranged."

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

"wondrous expansion contraction is now taking place ...."

Rub a Dub

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Growing at an ''accelerated'' pace yes. The work is indeed being ''sped'' up.

• JRK
    JRK

Wonderful expansion is a loving provision from Jehovah bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit