by My Name is of No Consequence 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So on the west and southern side of cleveland the tally is:

Avon lake

Berea

Seven hills

Medina

That's 5 out 8 suburban kingdom halls in the area!!!!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    What’s going on in Cleveland is just a cross section of what’s going on everywhere. This is crazy!
  • sir82
    sir82

SBF, fair point - maybe you are right. It will definitely affect old-timer JWs, those 60+ (who, in some areas, actually make up a majority of a congregation). They're not going to want to drive an extra 15 minutes, each way, on a cold sleeting / snowing night in Ohio when they can just listen in on the phone (or skip it altogether).

And don't forget - we're just a little over 3 years removed from the big US branch directive to build "hundreds" of Kingdom Halls in the US. Still can't get over the lightning speed at which they went from "build 100's" to "sell 100s".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They are in serious trouble. I told you so. (Where’s Morph?)

Closing KHs is an absolute disaster for morale and long term growth. And they know this. The only possible reason they would be doing this is because they have absolutely no other option. The money has run out.

Will KH sales bring in enough money to save them? That’s the question.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Sorry that's 4 out of seven. Must be that college education I got from reading the awake magazine

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Gotta ask though: Isn't Ohio's economy in the shitter? Haven't people been leaving Ohio for like a decade now? Reason I say this, is because here in south-central Pennsylvania, we've seen a LOT of Ohio Contractors moving in here for work, as they have ZERO in Ohio.

Here in south-central PA, we're seeing minimal KH closures. If WT was going to close any, it should be the Red Lion and Yorkana Congregations, since those have brought upon the most negative publicity in the news over the last 6 months!!!!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ WingCommander:

It depends. In central Ohio, places like Columbus are booming. In eastern Ohio, there was an oil and gas boom a few years ago. But right now, it is pretty stagnant.

If you live in Ohio and have a half way decent job, you can live pretty comfortably.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The economy isn't great but not Bad enough Where I know of anyone that had to move out

• careful
    careful

MNISC, it's at 6540 W 130th St., between Holland/Huffman and Big Creek Parkway, just a bit N of Southland Shopping Center, in the NE tip of Middleburg Heights. It's a few hundred feet S of Brook Park and across the street from Parma Heights. It's a crowded, densely populated area, lower-class than the expanse and roominess of Seven Hills and Brecksville.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/41°23'09.8%22N+81°47'08.6%22W/@41.386052,-81.785724,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d41.386052!4d-81.785724?hl=en-US

Doubtless the displaced, er, reassigned publishers will love it.

• LV101
    LV101

Is it possible the WT is going to throw up a commercial-styrafoam Jack-in-the-Box bldg. in that area that is easy to flip with membership fallout -- they are in the real estate bus. Money for nothin' and the buildings for free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit