Is the WT SLOW-ly Changing the importance of the Door to Door preaching work to something more profitable?

by John Aquila 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Wouldnt it be soooo hypocrytical for them to stop the D2D work, when for YEARS they were claiming that ONLY they followed the model that Jesus set, by sending his disciples 2 by 2 and door to door.

DONT FORGET, THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST, SELF PROCLAIMING, "REASONS", THAT THEY CLAIM TO BE THE TRUE RELIGION. The SPECIFIC act of going D2D, and following Jesus SPECIFIC example, of 2 at a door, is their whole foundation.

I would be mind blown, if they stopped that, and it would instantly prove their falshood, to MANY.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Dunedain, Jesus said at Luke 9:23, " If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself & pick up his cart day after day & follow me continually".

See they are following Jesus example, it`s there in black & white.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I don't know about dropping the d2d, but they are definitely equating the construction work with the ministry in the publications. A recent WT had construction pics alongside preaching pics in the same collage. There were like 4 construction pics and 5 ministry pics. They barely put the ministry above in that example.

They are also handing out titles like "remote bethelite" to people that are doing remote programming and drafting work for these construction projects. These persons are "full-time servants" and sometimes rarely ever go out in service (because they are doing important work for mother).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

xjwsrock: They are also handing out titles like "remote bethelite" to people that are doing remote programming and drafting work for these construction projects.

You forgot: "Commuter Bethelite"

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Getting rid of field service might seem like a good idea but keeping the rank and file busy in profitable non legally risky, tax free endeavors might be a little harder to accomplish. You could easily dream something up where they are kept busy but it better not result in major law suites against the Borg and be a little bit profitable at the same time?
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"So what can Jdub expect in the future?"

Giving out flowers at the airport wrapped in orange sheets 😃

Riding bikes with backpacks in white shirts for a two year stint 😆

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Joyzabel:"So what can Jdub expect in the future?"

Who knows maybe shoe shine stands where they illicit donations LOL.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    we can't forget that the reason why they have these tract campaigns before memorial/assemblies is to keep the rank and file busy. So I doubt they can really drop the door to door work.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What they are saying is "You might not see it, but we are telling you that the carts are having immense success."

What they are saying is "You will have to take our word for it that jw . org is hugely successful."

What they are doing is cutting down on literature "placements" because that costs them money. They are bullshitting that the cart work and the internet are so successful.

What they are saying is "Instead of going door-to-door, what we need is your money."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Going back to that May 2015 when that guy was talking about money. He seemed so adamant about more money going out than going in. It just seems so strange or weird that the Borg has the rank and file listening to religious broadcasts like these to only hear about money. Just the poignancy of that May broadcast was right off the top.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit