2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• skin
    skin

"The 70 or 80 year generation that saw 1914 will not pass away". How wonderful it is that they never said that. It wont be long before that failed promise is addressed.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The WT excels at drip feeding it's adherents who will eagerly connect the dots and crosses as later "new light" arrives. Once 1975 has been addressed and 1914 has been rebutted, another WT or convention lecture will discuss the great "Falling away" of the 60's and 70's which led to the Great Apostasy, which in turn Satan used to turn people away via the internet.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Blatant liars, how can anyone who had a position in the hierarchy at HQ or Branches in the 70s, stomach this. They hinted at 75 and they DID proclaim it, loudly, My. Father in law retired to preach, lost huge pension, when disappointment dawned did WT carrythe can, like hell they did. How can anyone accept this fake news resume of the past. Titanic did not sink, it merely capsized as happy passengers rushed to one side to see iceberg! The writers of this alternative history would work well in the White House press section.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The WTBTS is deceitful regarding its previous practices and dogma.

Intelligent JWs are onto their crap and just continue to live their lives regardless. Take for example their silliness that JWs should arrive at hotels they are staying at fo the assembly in formal JW attire r that afterwards when going to dinner staying in JWish garb and clip of the Assembly as a walking billboard. The vast majority of us ignore that dogmatic bullshit. 💩

There is an increasingly large number of us inside that can easily now identify their 'man-made' ideas elevated to 'Divine status'.🤔

THEIR GIG IS UP!!!😠

• waton
    waton

Those that sold houses, suspended their businesses, semi-retired, moved, were not serving for a date. That is a libelous classification. They were the zealous most sincere, and not stupid ones, that were willing to give it [almost] all in final spurt in the "work that will never be repeated"

wt is not just blaming, but slandering it's former, most devoted followers.

but hey, if "jehovah" can do it to "Jonah", wt can do it to jws.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

That's what I reckon to. They are getting things set and prepared to drop the 1914 date or heavily revise it. Wasn't there an article a year or so back on a GB (I think it was lett) member who reminisced about how he wasn't quite convinced of 1975 date while he was in bethel.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

In a way 1975 is as important as 1914. In my lifetime 1975 was going to be my last year in this old system. After graduation from high school I was going to go to school to enter the medical field but two elders questioned my lack of faith in Jehovah since the end was coming in 1975. I caved in and got a job as a laborer. When I took my work clothes off at home I left a little pile of dirt on the floor by the door. I traded dirt for clean white clothes worn in the medical field. Well the two elders are now dead and I am several years into retirement and the end is till just around the corner.

If the Watchtower Company can make the 1975 lie disappear with thousands of witnesses still alive, how much easier to make the 1914 lie, with no alive witnesses, go poof. 1914 will soon be gone. Everything that took place in that year was conveniently invisible anyhow. An invisible battle in heaven, Satan hurled invisibly down to the earth and Jesus now ruling as an invisible king. The older witnesses who go the the assembly will see the video and say to themselves that is not how I remember it; however, the vast majority will say nothing because of their advanced age and having no other friends or things to do.

Sour Grapes

• waton
    waton

follow up for above: Some of these 1975 zealots were so qualified. that their companies, like IBM in at least one case, set them up to do their work "by wire" from the remote location "where the final need is great".

These now maligned "servers of a date" (hello wt!) are the ones that , in the NW, instead of moving to their lakeside resort, were ready to take on the next bible dated task, : The seven year "marking of bones and cadavers" that was to precede the cleanup, and much later waterfront lounging.

There should be a great need to stand up and leave in protest from the oldtimer section, when, or after, hat character assassination is shown. after all, when it makes you sick, ...., and when nature calls....

• steve2
    steve2

so, if loyal JWs serve Jehovah and not a date, WTF is 1914 for? Why does it have a central place in their scheme of things? Why the constant urgent talk about how near the end is?

• steve2
    steve2

Most of the JWs who were the very worst affected by the Watchtower-induced 1975 fiasco are either elderly or long dead. However, sufficient numbers who remain in JW organization who were affected by it are now nearing the end of their own lives with still no end of this system. Until they too are dead and gone, the 1975 fiasco will continue to rankle.

I suspect this is a blatant attempt to stem the rank and file's brooding disquiet over 1975. We can hope the video backfires big time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit