2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

These viseos are NASTY!

For decades since 1966 we actually enjoyed colorful costumed Bible Dramas,

Of course we are not believers now,

But these dramas would usually leave us feeling good,

What I've seen on the internet of these "videos" has left me feeling creeped out,

I wonder about how active JWS feel,

:0)

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

The BORG's denial of responsibility in the face of the mountain of printed and spoken/recorded evidence makes my blood boil.

I was a teenager in 1975 when all of this nonsense happened. But, I hung in there into the late 1990s until I could just no longer lie to myself anymore and had to leave.

It looks as thoughI will never catch up and will never be able to retire. I will die working because i foolishly bought into their lies and deception.

However, in the end, I accept responsibility for not thinking for myself. It doesn't do any good to be bitter. I am at peace and I am happy.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi.

I did not read all the comments but I know a sister that was around about that time and I asked her about it. Here was her answer. Ready? She remembers something about it but she forgot!!!! Yep she short circuited.

Most witnesses have low self esteem and basically unsure of themselves by nature. The org. Know their flock, they know what type of people are attracted to this religion so their literature is tailored made for this type of flock, the lowly, depressed, woe is me type.

The org. Shot themselves in the foot when they put it in writing. They can't take that back. Whether the friends made more of it than it was, they did not pull 1975 out of a hat

The org. mentioned it but first, then when it didn't happen, you must have misunderstood us. You can play with words but not #'s.

The question that even a non-thinking, uneducated, kool-aide drinking witness should pose would be, who told us about 1975 in the first place? There was literature with 1975 on it.

But I wonder what this younger generation will take from this. This generation is not the old generation thinking of being seen not heard. This generation put in a black president, that should tell you something, they are tired of the old regime.

At the end of the day a normal person will know it was a failed date but they are comfy where they are. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The org. is trying to be more transparent for the public. They are trying to come clean in a sort of kinda way. They know this child abuse situation is gaining momentum, so they are preparing the flock, for what who knows.

No matter what it was the org. fault regarding 1975, even a child could figure it out.

So the big question to ask an elder. So who told the friends the number 1975. Where did they get it from was it only a rumor or was anything put in writing to make the friends assume 1975 was an important year.

this time it wasn't good for the org to put it in black and white.

Tor

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Listener: They may not have mentioned a date but didn't someone point out that the year's text showing at the Kingdom Hall was the one they had for 1975?

Firstly, yes the yeartext match up, both for 1975, and then afterwards for 1976.

Secondly - apparently they are specifically mentioning that it's about 1975!

READ: https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/6c7he7/bellville_michigan_assembly_and_tony_morris/

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I found it odd that this video was set in 1997 and the video right before it in 1993. Why would these videos be set 20 years in the past, and not in present day?

I think this might be why: the two videos were set right around 1995, the year the society changed its generation teaching, causing quite a few folks to wake up and bail.

And as in 1975, it was the publishers’ fault for being too eager to see the generation end.

I think using the mid-90s setting was another more subtle way of addressing the current “overlapping” generation misfire, as well as people’s increasing discomfort as “this system” continues on.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Someone commented on this thread or another one about the video but no mention of the Arc. Why? Because this is not about persecution this is about documented facts of the org. hiding known child abusers and telling the flock not to report to the police. They are hard pressed to spin this. That's why they are doing all this Smoke and mirrors in the name of Jehovah..

There are too many that can come forward and say they were told not to go to the police. Those are hard core facts and they can't say it persecution. But sit back they are trying to do as much damage control as possible but they are right Jehovah's chariot is moving fast but not in the direction they think. I think this chariot is going to travel to Australia to expose.

They cant wiggle out of this one although they will try. That's why so much emphasis on Russia because now that's persecution. When folks google Russian ban on JW other links will come up about the ARC and they know it.

The Catholics thought they were above the law but we see how that worked out and it took a lot time for them to finally admit they had child abusers and they hid it from the police too.

Tor

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

My parents were around for the whole fiasco. In 1973 they moved from fairly comfortable circumstances in NJ with their two kids, one 4 and the other was two. They made this move so that they could devote as much time in service until the system ended. They moved to a remote part of NC where the closest hall was about 50 miles away. They struggled for 3 years and realized it was a bad move and that the end was not coming. They struggled their entire lives after that with three children and never fully recovered. Both in their late 70's you would think they would have learned.

5 years ago when I began making my exit and spoke to them about this they said the exact same thing that is said in the video. Even down to the part about people deciding on their own to sell houses and cars and even stating many of their friends did the same thing. I even showed them the articles in the Awake from the 60's in their own hardcopy of the bound volumes in their study and they REFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSED to look at it.

There is no saving the generation that lived through it. They have been thoroughly convinced that everything they went through never took place.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Tried to recap on this... today being July 14 to make clear... the video is no longer available. Have the WTS pulled it from the public domain?

• Chook
    Chook

Blues brother send Pale a message and he'll get to the bottom of it. It would be more unbelievable if it got pulled.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Unfortunately, the bOrg is cracking down on their videos being on YouTube. My channel alone gets emails like twice a day trying to get me to remove the leaked elders training videos.

Now, you'd think if it was the truth, that they'd be glad that their stuff is being spread online for free wouldn't you? Not so. It's almost as if they dont want everyone to see these videos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit