2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bennyk
    bennyk

I managed to watch the entire video without throwing up (!)

Evidently, Gramps (and others in his congregation) defied the Watch Tower Society (cf. film at 2:03):

35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”! (Watchtower 15.08.1968, pp. 500-501 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

They are preparing the R&F to either heavily revise or completely do away with the 1914 date.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

[1:14] Grandpa smashes forehead on deceased Grandma's nose. Bad acting.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Where's the scene where he tells the circuit overseer "all this talk about 1975 doesn't seem right. Are you sure brother Franz and the society knows what they are talking about?" watch how fast the judicial committee is formed. Omg what a joke!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Stuff like this makes even the most devout atheist really question there faith or lack of. It's literally so stupid you can't help but believe there is something supernatural behind it.

Why do humans always need someone else or something beyond themselves to explain human crassness? Just as humans are capable all by themselves of uplifting expressions of empathic love, they are also capable all by themselves of unspeakably twisted and manipulative reasoning.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I clearly remember what happened in 1975.

A small group of us including a middle aged member of the 'anointed'. Tom Banakas (He no longer lives so he won't mind being named). Tom, the anointed, picked up a lost pair of eye glasses on the sidewalk, put them on his face and said "I'm making a spectacle of myself." He was the congregation comedian.

It was 1974 and we were going to a special talk which was being given in a sports stadium in Inglewood, California. It had 18,000+ seating capacity - each one of them filled. Frederick Franz, then vice president of the governing body, was to give the talk.

Franz started by giving his audience an overview of cosmic history from the creation to the millennium. The crown jewel of the talk was the chronology leading to 1975. He explained the whole thing. His conclusion was that the Great Tribulation would begin months or years but not decades after September of 1975. This range in time was due to the uncertainty of the length of the "Adam and Eve gap".

He explained that the longer time periods would mean that Adam was living without Eve for the same duration of years. He then said that Adam was going to be tempted by bestiality for lack of a mate for decades. "Will Jehovah allow Adam to be tempted into bestiality? NOOOOH brothers and sisters Jehovah won't allow that." he said in his sing-song voice.

I was seated in that stadium, overflowing all the way to the floor. All seats filled. I was seated with an old style cassette recorder on my lap. I was wearing tacky polyester pants. I like to tape talks. I wish I knew where I had saved them (They would fetch a small fortune today.).

1974: I was seated in the Kingdom Hall, in my favorite seat on the right side of the hall; mid-week night meeting. The Kingdom Service - or did they call it Kingdom Ministry then? - was being read by brother Ingle of the Valley Plaza congregation (Note: These persons and their close relations are deceased so don't worry.) reading that the end was so close that couples were selling their houses in order to dedicate themselves in the fulltime ministry. That was stated to have been a good thing to do in the "remaining few years".

I was reading from the same leaflet as him. Yes, I clearly remember what happened in 1975 in full detail.

I remember a few years later I was told by an elder who studied with me that I had lost zeal because of 1975. That wasn't true. He was simply imagining it. I was never a 1975 man I was a 1914 guy.

Arrogant Bastards!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Ok, I personally don't need further proof of how full of --it and how much those idiots at the WT's GB have no spine to admit that they made a mistake. To me it's well established that they will always attempt at looking good that way (personally I'd have more respect for them if they admit to being wrong, but that's just me).

So I'm not surprised that they keep coming up with whatever contrived crap they can think of to explain away their stupidity as they blame their victims for them.

I feel so bad for those who are still brainwashed by them and want to stick with them for the wrong reasons. Sadly, that's good enough for many who still want to look for any reason to stay with them. Old formula that never fails and keep their people at bay.

Disgusting.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    He then said that Adam was going to be tempted by bestiality for lack of a mate for decades. "Will Jehovah allow Adam to be tempted into bestiality? NOOOOH brothers and sisters Jehovah won't allow that." he said in his sing-song voice. (Village Idiot)

Wow! I had never heard that type of reasoning to shorten the time between Adam's creation and Eve's creation before. Thanks for posting that. It sounds just like the kind of thing Fred Franz would say.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    He then said that Adam was going to be tempted by bestiality for lack of a mate for decades. "Will Jehovah allow Adam to be tempted into bestiality? NOOOOH brothers and sisters Jehovah won't allow that." he said in his sing-song voice. (Village Idiot)
    Wow! I had never heard that type of reasoning to shorten the time between Adam's creation and Eve's creation before. Thanks for posting that. It sounds just like the kind of thing Fred Franz would say.

I can confirm this is true. The debates centered on how long it took Adam to realize he needed a mate.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I was seated in that stadium, overflowing all the way to the floor. All seats filled. I was seated with an old style cassette recorder on my lap. I was wearing tacky polyester pants. I like to tape talks. I wish I knew where I had saved them (They would fetch a small fortune today.).

I was living in a small town in Indiana and I heard about this talk. This tape would be you be your retirement fund.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit