2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with FedUpJW above. My spouse and I read quite a bit last night on a subject...gaslighting. Very interesting. The tactics of WT are spot on. They only want the "most loyal" and they will get it with most JW's BUT there are a lot of people who are just remaining in this cult so they do not loose their social network and family.

JW's will say..."it was a sifting work." Yeah....sift out all the smart ones. Sad but true.

• compound complex
    compound complex

House, M.D., Season 7, Episode 18: "The Dig"

House picks up "Thirteen" -- Dr. Remy Hadley -- upon her release from prison. She asks him to take her to a certain location in order to take care of a personal matter. They pull up to a house in a nice neighborhood, "Thirteen" gets out of the car, walks to the front door, and knocks. A man answers, whom she subsequently knees in the groin. He collapses to the floor; she departs nonchalantly, reenters the car.

"I didn't know you were a Jehovah's Witness," remarks House.

"Yeah, the weak lost faith when Christ didn't return in '75, but I still believe."

House wants to pursue this line of inquiry further, but "Thirteen," like many a good JW, cuts in and says she's starving, and can we get going.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4659761393958912/house-m-d-jehovahs-witnesses-75

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Very interesting artical on Gaslighting here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-signs-gaslighting-in-relationship

The GB are guilty of every one of the characteristics.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Pale.Emperor:Very interesting artical on Gaslighting

I am taking note of this. This is great stuff!

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Best thread ever. Lived through it and remember it well. I actually graduated from HS in '75 and turned down a 4 year scholarship because of this. What is done is done. I have a good life despite the wt and all my in relatives. Great comments everyone!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Awake 1968 The increase of lawlessness,,, the 1968 generation was a rebellious one.

1968 protests .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_of_1968

This is my assumption: JW interpreted this lawlessness of the 1968 as a certain sign of the nearing of the end besides the chronology. So JW again are only reacting on the world events

like also Rutherford reacted on the great depression 1919 and the release of prison of WT-direcots, the fear facists, the fear of communists and the cooperation between dictators and the church.
    all his thelogy are reaction on the world events. ikewise the 1914 theology was seen true after the world war - a reaction on world events. Each horrible world event was interpreted as sign of end.

ENDURANCE meant for granpa in reality: forget your former friends, who left because they did believe in dates or have been excommunicated because they stumbled, forget them, dont speak with them, they became apostates, they are not our friends, those date-believing apostates. Now believe in the new explanation that we got from the slave, namely that "some JW believed in dates and were not true christians".

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

ENDURANCE meant for granpa after 1975 in reality:

Forget your former friends, who left because they did believe in dates or have been excommunicated because they stumbled and accused the society that it had provoked such hopes with the chronology, forget them, dont speak with them if they blame the society, they became apostates, they are not our friends, those date-believing apostates. Now believe in the new explanation that we got from the slave, namely that "some JW believed in dates and were not true christians". Dont speak with those who make a charge with the society what we have written or said at conventions. Dont be sad about your former sister and brothers who left us. Endure and listen, obey to what the elders now tell you.

• Ding
    Ding

Blame your victims for their troubles.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I don't think anyone has commented along this line yet, but I think I know EXACTLY what they are doing. The current and younger generations of JW's are in what is some ways an on the surface kinder and gentler organization. They WILL be on the internet. They will stumble across things, and hear things, that they will wonder about or don't sound right.

WT has been systematically re-writing its history for the current followers, and the younger ones still around. If you control the narrative, and give just enough, with a whitewashed explanation, you may defelct people.

Example. Lets say you are a 20 something online, and see something about 1975. You have never heard of it before, so you ask or research it. You get a lot of information, and you might in fact see where something doesn't add up. Now you know something. But.....if you have already seen this video, maybe you just say to yourself..."ah those crafty apostates. I already know about this, and it was a few bad eggs. I'm going to endure"

That is their goal. Guaranteed.

• waton
    waton
    those date-believing apostates.

a-post-ates/

Those that set the post (1975) , namely the wtbts writers were the a-post-ates. still are. Those that saw the newly set post ,1975, just as another landmark in their journey of eternal service to the creator. The creators of 1975 were the WT, The r&f merely ate gobbled or over-lapped up the good news . after all it was good news to be finished with H&H in only six years.

a post: 1975, set by wt,

ate: devoured as timely spiritual food by devoted and sincere servants of what the imagined as the creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit