2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

When you know your argument is weak, it's time to appeal to emotions.

Emotional manipulation is all they have left.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"We're DEEP in the time of the end Brothers....in fact, we're in the final minutes of this system. The 1914 generation is now of advanced age and as the scriptures say, they will not pass away before the end comes " -District Convention 1983

They told us not to "serve with a date in mind" yet they kept providing us with supposedly significant dates from which to make a countdown from and to prove that Armageddon was right around the corner. Now it's our own fault that we took them at their word.

Fool me twice....shame on me.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

There's a lot of information here that's vital; if compiled together disproving the Watctowers take on it and placing the blame on them solely, would go a long way in enlightening the dubs if Nothing else.

If all this can be printed onto a two or three page foldover and be handed over to the dubs as they go to the convention or when they exit, it would be a purposeful move by all of us on this forum

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PROTEST AT THE LOS ANGELES CONVENTION AT LONG BEACH,THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE MORE EFFECTIVE IN SPREADING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE BORG THAN STANDING OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION HALL WITH PLACARDS,POSTERS AND SHOUTING INTO MICROPHONES.

JUST MY SUGGESTION

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was reading about politics and the art of denial . It seems that lawyers get them to deny without actually saying they did not do the specific act. They cleverly use words that deny generalities...thus they can say " I never lied about it".

Here the WTS do not actually say "We never predicted 1975 as the end" and in truth, if you want to talk semantics, they did not. But we know they said enough to give all of us that belief. We did not invent it. As the quotes above show, THEY came up with the date.

This video is sickening in it's duplicity , and that from an organisation that calls itself The Truth ! Humbug !

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PROTEST AT THE LOS ANGELES CONVENTION AT LONG BEACH,......SHOUTING INTO MICROPHONES.

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1nHNCkZJKA

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Lol darkspilver.

Yes.

• stavro
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

I can't believe the WTS came up with this script knowing the wealth of content out there demonstrating that the whole idea of 1975 was seeded by some (at best) very leading statements that encouraged thinking on a short timeline. The 1974 KM quote is gold considering what the narrator says about selling up.

It's almost as if there was someone awake writing this stuff but rather sobering to think that far more likely is the notion that the writers are actually so deeply in that this type of irony is so far over their heads to register in the least.

• undercover
    undercover

commenting to mark this thread.

I have one JW relative who admitted that the WTS led the flock to get all hyped up about 1975. I wonder if they'll 'adjust their thinking' to comply with this new propaganda...

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

IMHO it's an attempt to kill two birds with one stone. Lay the 1975 debacle away as some sort of break-away movement of the 1970's plus use it as an example to show how happy are those who re-adjusted their thinking. Then, in a year or two bring up more re-adjusted thinking about 1914 not being so important. The wise and faithful will nod their heads in agreement and recall how wise they were in not falling for the 1975 nonsense and show their great maturity by not being stumbled over this slight adjustment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit