2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Londo111
    Londo111

Most JWs will watch and forget. The year 1975 isn't even mentioned, so some, especially the public, Bible studies, young JWs might not even be aware what they are talking about. Perhaps it was just some crazy people in that man's congregation or circuit for all they know, not an organizational problem.

Those who are vaguely aware of 1975 will simply repeat the line Watchtower gives them. Some individuals ran ahead, were seeking a date, ect...

• zeb
    zeb

.....and Jesus said "No man knows the day nor the hour. Not even the son of man knows only the father in heaven.."

but these bumpkins in NY reckon they know more.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You gotta be F*&^ing kidding. The leaders blame it on the R&F and take no personal responsibility! This makes me so angry. I'll bet there will be no small amount of bile coming up during the assembly presentation.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

So in May 1974 you were commended if you sold your homes and property.

In 2017 if you were one of those that sold your home and property you were weak and dedicated to "a date".

The mind boggles. Is you mind boggling? Dont let it boggle too much!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

LURKERS; IF THIS PISSES YOU OFF AND YOU ARE STUCK IN....VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS!

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

On top of all that has been said, it really bothers me the cheap appeal to emotions, by killing grandma. How is that relevant to the subject of the video? Or is it just a token to appeal to tears? How would have the message been different if both grandparents were there, still 'loyal' to the organization?

When you know your argument is weak, it's time to appeal to emotions.

Sad thing is at assemblies most will fail to see the hypocrisy, and will march saying "best convention ever!"

• cha ching
    cha ching

Yes, WC, exactly what I was thinking....

Appeal to emotions.

Emotions are used like blackmail by the WT. When we were going door to door, speaking to Catholics, disproving hell fire, they were blackmailed by the Catholic Church to abandon logic, "just in case" there was hell fire..

They hedged their bets.

Logic vs. emotions.

• sparky1
    sparky1

It's all bull$hit!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How would have the message been different if both grandparents were there, still 'loyal' to the organization?

How would it have been different? Grandma and Grandpa would both be living with their adult children (or maybe the grandson), if not in a small rental mobile home or Government assisted housing. They would have only Social Security to live on, plus perhaps some welfare benefits (food stamps, medicaid, utility assistance) because they would have no savings/investments to rely on and enjoy their retirement.

But it wouldn't be their fault. No.........it's the fault of this evil system of things (Satan's fault) that the wealthy (those who planned ahead) prosper and enjoy life, but they are downtrodden and must endure until they finally get to live in their promised Paradise (never mention they may have to get there via the Underground, since the Generation to live right on into the Paradise is dead or dying due to the "Overlappy" thing),

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

LURKERS; IF THIS PISSES YOU OFF AND YOU ARE STUCK IN....VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS!

That is exactly what I have done, and most recently when they passed out the pledge slips to find out how much more money they could milk from the congregation to spend at the orders of the LDC I wrote a big fat ZERO on it and turned it in. Do I care they know who did it? H--L NO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit