Latest Leaked BOE letter to Elders Oct. 4th

by Watchtower-Free 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Yes, this does confirm the authenticity of the letter
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

A friendly correspondent called me to state that he called the NY HQ late last week asking about the letter and got a response that no one there knew of any such letter and that there were definitely no plans afoot to change meetings or magazine printing schedules. He was told that nothing like that would be likely. He wondered it anyone had seen the actual letter, or was only the unconfirmed draft version floating around.

I told him that I believed the draft version of the letter was true, but likely being from a draft some wording could change or paragraphs dropped.

Then today the Watchtower foolishly issued a DMCA takedown of the draft letter from Cedars' JWSurvey.org website. By their own actions, they confirmed the veracity of the letter. By the weekend, every JW in the world will know that the changes described in the leaked '"draft of the BOE letter" were accurately portrayed.

The Watchtower must be led by total idiots. Both deny and then call for a DMCA takedown of a letter that will have worldwide distribution in just days? What were they thinking? But for the rest of us who have seen the draft and accepted it as basically accurate, this is just another confirmation that Watchtower leaders haven't a clue about how to handle their leaky operations.

Protecting their copyrights? Bullshit! They are protecting their asses but doing a piss poor job of it.

JV

• username
    username

How can the watchtower issue a DMCA takedown on a letter that is not even copyrighted? Also by using fair usage when not for profit.... Oh wait

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Then today the Watchtower foolishly issued a DMCA takedown of the draft letter from Cedars' JWSurvey.org website.

Just being the "devil's advocate" here, but did Cedars produce a copy of the DMCA order?

I really really do want to believe it is all legit. I've just learned to be skeptical from past experience. Remember the leak that COs were going to be a thing of the past? (Fool me once.....) No offense to Cedars!!!! I don't know how credible his sources are either.

Doc

• Mephis
    Mephis

He has a video up which shows the e-mail from his ISP. It looks legit, or at least unless Cedars has decided to throw away all the activism work he's done.

Whether that will be the letter released now, who knows. But WBTS seems to have taken ownership of the one in the OP here.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

The DMCA takedown is legit.

JV

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Ha! It is like they have never heard of paste-bin style sites Or Google Cache.

Edit: I just made another, in like 1 minute.

http://clpbrd.it/c/JBe8GoDDgPhRyWKb7WyK

It is easy.

WT is not ready to handle this Digital Millennium, with it's Digital Apostates and their Acts of Digital Copyright Violation!

• Calebs Airplane
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    It is nice to talk and chat about things but we will all know in about 14 weeks or so.They have really shot themselves in the foot about shunning and not just leting people leave the borg because all the things that have come out of bethel these past years,im not sure that i would want to risk losing my wife children etc.Also out in normal land if lots of jws stop being jws they have got lots of kingdom hall that they can sell off.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Mephis: He has a video up which shows the e-mail from his ISP. It looks legit, or at least unless Cedars has decided to throw away all the activism work he's done.

Sometimes Cedars has a tendency to stretch things to the dramatic, but I don't think he'd do anything to destroy his credibility. Just bear in mind he was unable to reveal his anonymous source. But I guess Juan V. makes it "two witnesses" (Just can't get away from that JW jargon!)

I had "predicted" the demise of the COs when I read it hear as I had come to trust everything "leaked" here. Now I know to bite my tongue and wait it out.

Thanks to all those who take the risks and leak this confidential info. It must drive those in the Ivory Towers CRAZY!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit