What is the most bizarre counsel you received as a JW, from a JW?

by Funchback 180 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissFit
    MissFit

I really enjoyed this thread. Since we have some newbies , i hope we get more responses.

Remember the smurfs- not allowed because they were demonistic.

My JW friend told me not to get anything with imitation crab because it was made with blood products.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Masturbation increases your libido and makes it harder to resist the temptations of fornication.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

A CO told my wife and me that we should think about giving up our autistic son to the state because eventually looking after him would wear us down and would affect our service to Jehovah. I had not woken up yet so I only told him that as long as there was blood running in my veins he would be with us. WHAT A JERK!!!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    My friend was told by a CO's wife to not boil their water (in a third world country), because it would "kill the vitamins". Not really counsel......but clearly nuts.
  • lancelink
    lancelink

My 5 year old son and I went to a hall cleaning day, and after starting to rake the yard an elder by the name of Redman came up to me and asked us to leave. It seems that my son had a Spider-Man shirt. 5 years old, come on !

the elders said it was inappropriate attire for working at the hall.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo
    Years ago, while I was in and still living at home, about 20 years old, I took my 16 year old niece to a meeting. She wasn't even apart of the congregation that me and my mother attended but she was visiting. Anyway, we walk in the hall, before I could even make it a seat an Elder took me to the side and counseled me on how short her skirt was. I didn't even notice the length, but it didn't appear to me to be inappropriate! After the conversation, It felt creepy and confusing as he wasn't her Father or family. Just another negative experience as a JW. One thing I learned while in, the Elders LOVE to counsel about it anything and everything, it strokes their ego.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Rainbow_Trolla day agoa day agoa day ago Masturbation increases your libido and makes it harder to resist the temptations of fornication.

Thats a good one!
    I remember a MS giving a comment at the WT about how if you masturbate because your doing something selfish you will only want to masturbate again and again.

He is married with 3 kids, so I wanted to ask him - so does that mean when you F#ck your wife - you don't have the urge to have sex for weeks or months after that?
    Cuz I usually want it again 20 min after I have sex.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I was "given advise" from an Elders wife (a real...woof), about how I should dress. I gave her some of MY advise. Let's just say she never "advised" me again. Lol

• Saename
    Saename

I was told that masturbation will make me abusive of women―not only in the sense that I will see them as sexual objects and approach them as such but also in the sense that I will physically and emotionally mistreat and taunt them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"You're gonna think yourself out of the Truth."

What. The fuck???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit