What is the most bizarre counsel you received as a JW, from a JW?

by Funchback 180 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Our congregation bought a piece of property in the country, about a 20-30 minute drive from where I lived. . After the Hall was built it was quite stressful for me as I hate driving in the dark, I just don't see well at night. All that is elevated by driving on an old country road with no streetlights, and at the time I had 3 small children and an old car. I drove the speed limit, which was 45mph and everyone passed me.When I arrived at the Hall the elders counseled me on driving too slow as I would be blood-guilty for all of the accidents I would cause. After that I started pulling into a gas station about half way there and let every go ahead of me. I'd always come in a few minutes late and leave a few minutes early to beat the crowds. That hall was sold a couple of years later.

After I was df'd, I met my now husband and we began talking about the bible. He loved what he was learning and wanted to study the bible with a brother. After we were married, we had a meeting with the elders, and my husband was accused of being guilty by association with me. Guilty of what we were never told, we met after I was df'd. There was a group of apostates in TN that the elders told us we belonged to. We had no clue what they were talking about. My husband wanted a study and I wanted to get reinstated, neither thing happened.

There are many things that happened during my decades at the hall, but honestly, I don't blame most of them, I feel that most of the brothers aren't qualified to be elders, as they can't handle the responsibility. I have stopped feeling hurt, now I just feel sorry.

• Funchback
    Funchback

HUGS AlwaysBusy.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A blessing in disguise.

• eva luna
    eva luna

While nervously waiting to have a back room 'chat' with three elders after the meeting, I was counseled to smile. He said I was drawing undo attention.

• zeb
    zeb

well I have read through these and have been reminded of how fortunate I am to be out of that mind numbing sect. and just for the record: Here is a list of things for anyone to pick from

• mini skirts
    • long skirts
    • smooth legs
    • penis
    • boobs
    • cleavage
    • jewellry
    • seeing (not perving) women breast feed. Its a beautiful sight.
    • hairy chests and arms
    • I hate jackets in hot weather
    • love hugs
    • love kids
    • love pets cats dogs (behaved)
    • photography
    • I do spontaneous acts of kindness.

there now all trolls can take a Cerepax and go lie down.

Keep em coming folks. I have deleted 99% of the wt things I had kept but this one I will be keeping.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I remember being told that NO witness could support a football team that were called the Melbourne Demons.

Why?

Because it would be wrong to cheer "go the Demons!"

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

My elder father told me solemnly that if anything - ANYTHING - no matter how innocuous and sin-free it was stumbled fellow brothers and sisters, you must be willing to change, no matter what. Even if it's the color of your car. If it stumbles, YOU ARE GUILTY OF SIN.

And how easily Witnesses are stumbled. This breed of overly-sensitive, overly-righteous, fragile-conscious-possessing mental patients are ready to call the elders if you even use the wrong tone of voice while speaking. Imagine how crazy and paranoid us kids grew up to be.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I've really enjoyed reading all of these!

I was counciled for my knee length skirt because apparently when i would bend down to pick up my toddlers in the hall it would hike up in the back.

My husband who was a study at the time cheated on me and I went to the elders to tell them I was really having a difficult time with resentment/forgiveness. One elder said he "hummed" when he had unhappy thoughts and that really helped him.

After months of looking for a job my husband finally found something in a company where there was df'd exjw. He was told not to take the job by the elders, but when I pushed for them to show me where in the literature it said anything about that- they couldn't find anything so he was able to work there a while. He wasn't baptized.

I was told on by another JW when I smoked a cigarette at 15 yrs old and an elder came to the house and gave me the spiel about drugs and "spiritism".

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14

Hmm...where do I start?

• I was told by a sister that I needed to give up my full ride scholarship to waitress part time to devote more time in the ministry. (I was actually regular auxiliary pioneering at the time.)
    • An elder told my stepfather to counsel my mother, sister and I to not sit in the back of the hall. Why? Because he claimed he could see up our below knee dresses while he was on stage giving a talk. I ALWAYS carried a jacket with me to the meetings after that one.
    • My mother "counseled" me for having an innocent friendship with a guy in my hall with whom I texted. We kind of liked each other, but we weren't dating or even hanging out. She told me that she would report me to the elders and kick me out the house if I continued to communicate with him. (I honestly should've used this as my cue to move the hell out lol.) For weeks my family spied on me to make sure I wasn't still in touch with him.

I have several more probably, but it would take all day to recount them.

• Chook
    Chook

I was told by PO wife she couldn't car share with worldly woman to work because it would amount to spending to much time with wordly women on way to work. If this woman was this hard on herself imagine what the kids copped. JWs hands down beat the Jews on the amount of laws they follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit