What is the most bizarre counsel you received as a JW, from a JW?

by Funchback 180 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

One time I told a C.O. the reason I was missing some meetings was I was my wife and I was blessed by God with a new baby. He took me aside and told me God didn't bless me with anything I just had sex with my wife and she got pregnant. That was no excuse to miss meetings. Let's all repeat it (It's A Cult). Still Totally ADD

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Still Totally ADD Considering that you're expected to thank God constantly for anything and everything even remotely positive in your life (and sometimes even the negative things), it's shocking that that C.O. would claim that your baby was not a blessing. Doesn't the Witchtower teach that children are a blessing, and that the means by which we create children (i.e. sex) is a gift from God to married people?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Great moment was when something I said made an Elder speechless.

No counsel, but total silence was his reaction, and a facial expression of a totaly shocked person.

What did I say?

"Br X, some one told me that they were surprised that I am a JW. They said we didn't expect you are a witness. You look such a normal person".

🤣🤣🤣

G.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What is the most bizarre counsel you received as a JW, from a JW? - when reading figures out loud, e.g. '1999/2000', do not say "nineteen ninety-nine *slash* two thousand" because slash is a an offensive term for urinating. Instead, say "nineteen ninety-nine *stroke* two thousand"

WTF?!

I kid you not.

And the guy who said this was a Ministerial Servant ...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha loveunihateexams!

So does he not realise what "stroke" can mean??

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

does he not realise what "stroke" can mean?? - indeed.

Actually, my mum was in a hospice at the time, the victim of a stroke.

A part of me wishes I should have pretended to be greatly offended or upset at him for suggesting 'stroke', then I could have enjoyed watching him squirm.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

• Funchback
    Funchback

Two years after starting this thread and reading all of the bizarre counsel given to everyone, I thought I wouldn't be suprised any more. But, as everyone keep posting, I still find myself shaking my head, like, "Really? They can't be serious"! But, the sad part is that I know you/we are all serious about our experiences.

A recap of the "love" I received as a JW:

• I said that I'm riding shotgun to a field service group with the CO present. Old cranky guy named brother Conti. Boy, did he let me have it.
    • As a DJ, I played a song called Girls' Nite Out at a wedding reception. I was told this song may encourage wives to leave their husbands.
    • As a kid, at a District Convention in Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium, I was sitting with my friend...we were around 8. I believe it was my first convention. It was lunchtime and my friend and me were laughing, and these two German (I think) women asked, "Where are your parents?" and I asked "Why?". She said in a thick German accent, "BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT DISCIPLINED!".
    • A sister counseled me for playing skill crane (you try to snag stuffed animals or other prizes using a mechanical arm). She said it was a form of gambling.
  • Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

A sister told me that barelegs are too sexy and sisters should always wear stockings to keep from enticing brothers.

My friend was counseled by an elders wife that her bras didnt have enough padding because she could sometimes see her nipples through her clothes.

I was out in FS with an elder snd he asked me how was I feeling. I said "I'm straight" he said that i should not be using that type of language. It's slang and Christians should never use slang.

I had a sports car and was counseled by the CO that it was inappropriate because it wasnt a field service car.

My son had alot of hair. Ir was really long but i didnt want to cut it because he was still a baby. I received heavy counsel about how his hair was too long. So i cut it when he was only 6 mths.

• Funchback
    Funchback
    I was out in FS with an elder snd he asked me how was I feeling. I said "I'm straight" he said that i should not be using that type of language. It's slang and Christians should never use slang.

Oh, for crying out loud.Ridiculous!

-------------

My son had alot of hair. Ir was really long but i didnt want to cut it because he was still a baby. I received heavy counsel about how his hair was too long. So i cut it when he was only 6 mths.

They try to control any and every thing.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Re my then wife's skirts. A sister complained that they were too short. CO's wife then told the other ladies in our congregation that a skirt was only long enough if the lady was to kneel down and the skirt was able to cover all of her legs AND her feet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit