I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey @Unstuck, you sound so nice. How do you know I've got youth and intelligence on my side??? Do I maybe know you?

Thank you for making me smile after today's long ordeal. xx

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

He he - that was my crafty master plan Wake Me Up!!

And cos I know you're so smart and intelligent I knew you'd work out the rest!!

Much love my friend - hugs and sweet dreams

Unstuck 😘

@Unstuck, thank you!!! I love and appreciate you so very much it could bury me alive. You have no idea how instrumental you've been in helping me break free and pursue true happiness.

All of you on this forum are just incredible. Thank you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about challenges, business specifically, but any challenge really. They were talking about how so many people put things off and never really go for what they want. I went back to my notes and found this one sentence that I wrote down:

If you don't have what it takes, find out now.

Don't waste time screwing around and not really going for what you want. Try now, fail if that's what happens, and you'll either know that it's not for you or know what you have to do to make it you.

You now know.

You know what an evil organization you've been a part of. You know that the elders don't have your personal best interests at heart. You know that they are concerned about crime and punishment, not love and assistance. You know that this isn't for you. You have been pushed into a decision that is actually best for you in the long run. Get the fuck out. Don't look back. Run, don't walk. You can let them make a decision to disfellowship you if that's how it plays out, or give them a disassociation letter, but however it goes, you know that you're done. You know that you don't have it to continue in this charade.

You are free. Freedom always comes with a price. Freedom is always worth that price. Be free, be happy, and know that you are not alone, that you have people that support you and actually do care. I care, and I don't know you from anyone. That is love, not what Jehovah's Witnesses have. They are a loveless cult.

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Well said dubstepped!!

I've only one thing to add to your comment: as you run from this cult Wake Me Up, DON'T LOOK BACK!!

I know, it's corny, well salty actually...

I cant help myself.....😋

Fkn lol, saltier than Lot's wife for looking back, @Unstuck? You cracked (pepper) me up.

Thank you, @Dubstepped. I wish I did know you in person so I could thank you properly for providing me those strong words of assistance.

I'm really moved by all of this genuine support.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed!

Those here in this community are a wealth of support and comfort.

Although it seems bleak now, things WILL improve as you move forward.

Welcome to "the REAL life" Yes, the "best life ever" 😜

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Wake Me Up!

I just read your posts (after your meeting with the elders) and it really took me back.

The cold unfeeling attitude on their part, the raw open brokenness on yours...

it all just took me straight back to when it was me.

I want to thank you for that. In "going back" and visiting those feelings, I was made extremely aware of how far Ive come.

Life is fluid and sometimes we dont really have a good measure of our progress as we are moving through it but your post helped me to do that.

So thank you for that. It is a gift you gave me.

Now I would like to give you one in return.....

You are going to be amazed how much more wonderful life gets now. Im sorry that you had to go through what you did but it is all going to get so much better now.

I wouldnt/couldnt believe that statement above in the beginning. There was so much injustice and pain but that is exactly how it has worked out.

I think of the analogy of having a shoulder that is out of socket. It is painful to have a Dr wrench it back in place but the relief and the freedom of use that follows is tremendous and worth it!

Thank you, @millie210. It's so weird to hear that others like yourself have experienced cookie-cutter scenarios with the elders, when I've always been told that this elder hostility is a "one off!" "not all elders are like this!" "It's imperfection!" by my apologist parents. It's easy to buy into the idea that this never occurs elsewhere and that what happened to me is an anomaly when you're not allowed to talk to those on the outside. And quite frankly, not speaking to you guys would have driven me crazy with self destruction and feelings of isolation.

I can't wait 'til I arrive at the stage in life you are in now and feel nothing but strength and warmth about this all; viewing this as a gift and not something that was stolen from me.

Right now, I just picture the elders when I ran out of the room crying hysterically like:

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sorry to hear they were able to break you down to tears, they probably enjoyed it too .. sick mofos

anyway, the JWs to you now are a done deal, don't look back just keep moving forward, you now have full capacity of your brain, no more brainwashing ! It can only get better with that evil cult removed from your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit