I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just go in act really remorseful and cry if you have to don't say anything like you said you would other then the people misunderstood you. They'll waste a lot of time even hours trying to get you to incriminate yourself so think long and hard before you answer. Don't worry to much about them being in the net. There mostly uneducated people and use scocial media site like Facebook that see if your saying something you shouldn't or have some apostate friends etc.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The best advice given in other posts on this board is do not play by their rules .You do not have to attend a JC that they want you to.

Ignore there request for a JC committee ,

The only power they have over you is the power you give them,

Face the facts , they are nobodys in the world ,so why would you take any notice of them ?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I'm sweating profusely. The power they have over me may be wired in my central nervous system from when I was a child, but I'm working hard on changing that. I guess I'm just a slave for my parents' approval - my Achilles Heel :(. I'm a grown ass woman, but care so desperately about their understanding me. Pretty impossible since they're completely asleep in their brain dead state. Maybe the more friends/support I have, I can feel more confident in leaving behind their judgmental, uninformed disapproval.

Anybody on here from the Southern Hemisphere? Yep... that's how vague I'm being. I'm too scared to give away my location because I'm hyper aware how closely I'm being watched by my "loving, merciful and reasonable shepherds." What a crock.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hi and welcome to the site WMU. Since you love your parents so much, I can see how difficult your situation must be for you. Actually I think you need a lot more time to calm down, have the pressure taken off you and a bit of time to work towards doing your own thing. Might it be possible to postpone the meeting with the elders say for about four weeks and then later send a message to say that you are not attending. This could give you more time to make for a smoother exit strategy.

To meet the committee is like being before the Spanish inquisition! You will be condemned to social death at the slightest breach of JW thinking. They want to make everyone a loyal zombie to the seven dwarves of New York. If you show disloyalty to them you will not simply be dismissed... you will be punished. So remember never ever say anything against the org or its doctrines until you have escaped.

You can claim privacy, a need for a break, say that you are under great emotional stress at the moment and always claim you are far too busy if they call. Can you move away temporarily? Can you develop an important alternative project which prevents you from attending meetings? Whatever you do don't give them the satisfaction of saying that you disagree with the JW organisation.

And we posters here are always on your side.

Thank you, Half banana. I just want the meeting to be over and done with, already. Delaying it might just send me into overdrive.

I'm just going to go into it and say the "right" things. I've been warned by some that it's a trap and the elders will use clever wording and questions to incite a burst of emotional honesty from me. For that reason, I'll take a calm tablet before my meeting. I have prescription sleeping pills. Half a tablet might "stabilize" me so I remain emotionally void and numb and can proceed with answering their questions with caution.

How messed up is this - I have to drug myself into submission. The whole setup of a JC is a complete breach of human rights and ethics. How can we alert the government to BAN such unethical activities of these "charitable" organizations? ESPECIALLY since I can find NO scriptural reference to anything even REMOTELY resembling JC in the first century congregations.

Oh, that's right. The Governing Body has rewritten the Bible. NOW it's a weapon :S.

• Laika
    Laika

Welcome to the forum, I like your name.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    My upcoming elders meeting is to address the whispers and complaints they've been receiving from the fantastically FAKE friends I had in the congregation. My goal is to express Godly sadness for having the "wrong" thoughts about the organization, make an apology, and avoid answering any inflammatory questions. If I get out of there alive, my fade begins then and there. No more meetings.
    I just want this to blow over and escape being disfellowshipped because I love my parents so much. They're up their in age and I can't do this to them now. I just want the meeting to be over and done with, already. Delaying it might just send me into overdrive.

Sorry your going through this. I understand the need to remain close to an important person in your life.

The JW punishment runs both ways for you the accused and for your parents who are JWs in good standing. Meanwhile the WTBTS receives no punishment for their false end of the world predictions, their reckless approach to the health and welfare of their followers.

Getting some additional time may be a better choice. You are going through a critical time in your life with the accusations you will have to face. You were hard wired to believe their BS.........

Your options are as follows. Do not attend and accept being DF.

Attend and face the music with a screw you attitude.

Attend and humble yourself.

Attend and maintain that you were stumbled by the video's you were exposed to and the ARC pedophile revelations (Google the ARC if your not aware of what was discussed about this JW problem).

You can't be DF for being stumbled.

You can also contact an attorney to write a letter indicating you will need time to recover from your recent nervous condition or breakdown brought on by those video's. Basically if you are not prepared emotionally to face a needless inquiry that can do you further harm your attorney can say that the Elders themselves will be liable for any additional mental harm that you experience.

Have the attorney recommend that it might be prudent on their part to first consult with the legal Dept. of the WTBTS to make sure that the Elders have not over reached.

Let us know what happens next. We do have a lot of people on this forum who have been where you are now. So you are not alone in this situation. You are with us now and we help one another.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If I get out of there alive, my fade begins then and there. No more meetings.
    I just want this to blow over and escape being disfellowshipped because I love my parents so much.
    I'm very fearful of posting this kind of information about my situation here. I wouldn't put it past the elders to be monitoring my online fingerprints in order to gather evidence against me as an apostate. How safe is a forum like this, does anyone know? The fear is so real here :frowning:.

Even in the case where you are "sorry" about what happened, they are liable to put "restrictions" on you for some violation of their technical rules. So stick with your plan. Who cares if you cannot 'comment' if you are not even attending meetings? I think your plan is great. You can do this. Be sure to include how you thought about how the things they accuse you of might reflect badly on Jehovah way more than how bad it makes you look, so you are ready for direction from the brothers. Agree to any 'study' they might say you should have, to get out of that meeting alive, then blow it off until they leave you alone.

Yes, be vague. They probably would not figure out who you are, but don't take that chance here. Sometime after your JC meeting, learn where people here might be from and start reaching out privately if you want to meet with others from this forum.

@Giordano: I like the last option. A mixture of humility and being stumbled. Gosh, what a degrading cocktail that is. But I'll drink to that.

I keep hearing this ARC thing mentioned and I have no clue what it is. Will Google now.

@OnTheWayOut I welcome any restrictions. You know why? Because I'm restricting myself from ever attending another meeting again! But that's something they don't know.

Edit: @Giordano - der, I just realized that the ARC is an acronym for Australian Royal Commission. Sheesh, that exposé is the least of my qualms with the organization. I'm more grotesquely angry and how I was lied to (by omission and censorship) about the WT's political ties with the UN. If I knew about this ugly truth, I would have NEVER gotten baptized under this organization. And I sure as hell would have never DEFENDED and propagated its teachings from house to house over all these years. I feel dirty.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You feel how you feel and this is a very personal journey. Many get a good dose of ptsd from their Joho time. We disassociated and couldn't face playing their games. Too much feeling for us. I might have done something really stupid. So just do you. LOVE your name, sorry you're facing this, and welcome to the forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit