My father is dead

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest jw friends

• kevin221
    kevin221

Nina,

Words cannot convey my feelings. I wish you peace and love.

Kevin

• yesidid
    yesidid

Dear Nina,

Seems to me, from what you had written previously, that for the past couple of years your dad was not enjoying his life at all. At least he now has peace. I hope you can have comfort from the fact that he is no longer suffering.

yesidid.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

oh hun, so very sorry to hear, I send a big hug...

Love,

Amanda

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sorry for your loss, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

• aarque
    aarque

Losing a parent no matter what the circumstances is difficult. My condolences.

Andrea

• siegswife
    siegswife

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm praying for you and your family.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

geezz,

I just saw this thread for the first time. How awful. I would hug you both if I could. I am so very sorry. Suicide is one of the toughest things to have to deal with and the thought of how many times it has been close to me in one way or another, personal or a friend of a friend, I can't help think about the families of those who took their own lives, how they were treated with shame because they were JWs. I remember as far back as when I was a kid, and didn’t understand why it was “not spoken about” in the congregation when it happened. I remember the first time I asked why someone’s mom wasn’t going to have the services at the KH. At a time when you really need emotional help and support, the congregation more often then not, would look at you as though you should be pitied. Not sympathized with, but pitied.

I know this may not even sound reasonable right now, but try not to think about any of those people . Only focus on those who are there to be supportive and caring.

((((((((Nina&Tex)))))))))

plum

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Nina,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard when our loved ones die. My deepest sympathy to you at this difficult time.

Tammy

• termite 35
    termite 35

(((((((((((((((((((Nina)))))))))))))))))))))))i' was SO sorry and shocked to read you thread.Are you ok? are you on your own? If you want to talk- [email protected] please mail me- or i'll send you my phone no.

I found my dad just over a month ago now- such a shocking day- I can't begin to describe it- butI just want you to know that i'm thinking of you and wish I could help you. Try to get some sleep- it helped me get through the first week(though I needed help)

let us know how you're feeling sweetie when you're ready

I wish I could give you a hug, but can't so i'll send you all my love to you tonight xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx termite

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Nina & Tex, I am sorry to hear of your Dad's death. Please know that are e-mail is open if you ever want to talk. Tink and I have been through what you are both beginning to experience, talking to someone who's been through it really helps! You're in our thoughts and prayers.

((((((((Nina/Tex))))))))))

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit