My father is dead

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nina & Big Tex,

My condolences, in addition to everyone else's. I wish you all the strength you can muster to get through this difficult time!

This board is coming together like a family to support you guys, and I think it's just great (wiping aside a tear).

Jeff

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Cruzanheart:

I am so sorry. Suicide is a very selfish act and they just don't realize the pain they leave behind.

I understand how you wanted the person that you thought he was or that he was at one time, I feel the same way with my father, although in my case he never existed my Mother just covered up his selfish side with excuses and lies. there is nothing wrong in wanting that back. If you need ANYTHING please e-mail me or I guess now Personal message me.

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

My thoughts, and the thoughts of my family will be with you, in this time of your loss. Always remember that death is not an end, but a beginning. Your father is now in a state of change and growth. He is not suffering physically or mentally. I am sure we all mourn, not for your father, but for your loss.

A candle will burn for you this night. Blessed be, you and your family.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

<sorry still can't find edit>

Big Tex: I guess I missed the page that you wrote! I know that the dubs made me almost lose my Thunder Rider a couple of different times, I had to fight to and nail to get him to hang on to this world. They are destructive vile people. I am so glad she was able to express to the PO that he bore the responsibility for this outcome. I still will always stand behind that suicide is selfish, it gets the love one out of pain but leaves such devastation in it's wake. But I know how the dubs can grind someone until they feel like they have nothing to live for. Thunder and I are wishing you both the strength to get through this horrible loss.

• TR
    TR

Nina,
    This is a terrible thing to go through. I hope you receive comfort in the friends you have on this forum, as well as your hubby and family.
    TR- 2 dead relatives due to suicide

• Shakita
    Shakita

So sorry Nina and Big Tex. The loss of a parent, no matter what the circumstances, is one of the hardest things we must endure in life. Our thoughts are with you in this very sad time. Take care.

Mr. and Mrs. Shakita

• Brummie
    Brummie

What a terrible shock, my heartfelt thoughts are with you and your family Nina

Hope you all get a lot of support

((((((((((( ))))))))))))

Brummie

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Dear Nina,

I lost my dad to suicide six years ago. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Please take care of yourself right now. Even though words don't give much comfort right now, I hope you feel the love and support that is going your way. Even though suicide is a tragady, you will survive this. It just takes time. Allow yourself to work through all the emotions. I know exactly what you are going through, and though it is difficult to lose someone to death, suicide has seemed to effect me differently than other loses in my life. It leaves alot of baggage to sort through. It's tough. But, know, that you are a survivor and you will survive this. I'm glad to see that you have a wonderful supportive husband. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had CC. When you are ready, email me and send me your number so I can call you. Sometimes it helps to talk about it with someone that has been though the same thing.

(((((((((((((holding you tight}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Tink

• TheStar
    TheStar

((((((((((((((((((Nina))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear of this. My deepest sympathies to you and your family, may you find strength and peace during this difficult time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cruzanheart, I have no words. I am so sorry you lost your dad this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit