Need advice: Intimacy with my wife almost non existint because she considers me an apostate

by goingthruthemotions 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• mana11
    mana11

YOU are the Head of the House. She Must respect your decisions as such.

Them are the WT rules! lol.

Complain to the elders that your witness wife is not showing you respect as her head.

They will tell her off.

That might even help her to wake up.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    "Newsflash! : intimacy, trust and love do not require an emission of bodily fluids"
    This is true. I love and trust my dog but do not share bodily fluids with her. I love trust and have intimacy with my son but do not share bodily fluids with him either.
    However, the equation does not prove true in the inverse. A lack of bodily fluids doses not create it either and may damage it
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Women want the intimacy, trust and love before the sex act occurs. Men don't bother with all those messy, time consuming acts of love first...they think that it magically happens after their sexual urges are satisfied.

Good point orphan crow. All these guys who think all women use sex to get what they want makes me wonder if they had this problem because they have problems with intimacy. If that is the case then they are more likely to end up with women who are willing to have sex without any real connection, and that might mean they are more likely to use sex to get what they want. In their experience all women do use sex as a bartering tool, so they think that is representative of all relationships.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    LisaRose: In their experience all women do use sex as a bartering tool...

So do men. Men want the sex first - then they will (maybe) give the woman safety, security, trust, intimacy, etc.

The economics of sex:

Woman: I want safety, trust, intimacy, etc...then I will give you sex.

Man: I want sex. I will give you those things if I get sex first.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "Women want the intimacy, trust and love before the sex act occurs."

So, you're saying that there are no women out there who just want to occasionally scratch an itch?

• DJS
    DJS

OC,

I don't know anyone, man or woman, who fits what you describe below. And LisaRose, women often use sex as a weapon whether the man loves intimacy or does nearly everything right in a relationship. Those are red herring arguments. But you two keep blame shifting this to men. The generations coming after you don't look like you, and that is excellent. Sex is sex. Being kind, considerate, respectful and affectionate should be a part of every healthy relationship. But sex is sex.

The economics of sex:

Woman: I want safety, trust, intimacy, etc...then I will give you sex.

Man: I want sex. I will give you those things if I get sex first.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: So, you're saying that there are no women out there who just want to occasionally scratch an itch?

Nope. That is not at all what I am saying.

Sex is sex. Of course it is. Trust me, I have no problem with that concept.

But, I thought that this thread was about sex within a marriage between a husband and a wife. And, that is what I am commenting on. Sex within a long term relationship is quite different than a bump in the dark.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    DJS: OC, I don't know anyone, man or woman, who fits what you describe below.

Actually, you do.

That is what the OP is all about. The wife feels like her husband is not providing safety for her. (Her perception of safety is tied up in the JW ideology). So she is not giving him sex. The husband wants sex without giving her the assurances that she will be safe anyways. Resolution and negotiation of those commodity exchanges will take time and a lot of work.

The OP is about the economics of sex within a marriage.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "Sex within a long term relationship is quite different than a bump in the dark."

Not that you're knocking the occasional bump in the dark... :wink:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

goingthruthemotions - "Intimacy with my wife almost non existent because she considers me an apostate."

Maybe she's (irrationally) scared of some kind of Omen / Rosemary's Baby thing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit