Lloyd Evans' New Book - Is It Really Necessary?

by pale.emperor 65 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

So Lloyd Evans will shortly be releasing his new book How To Leave The Jehovah's Witnesses. I do enjoy his rebuttals and the stuff he manages to get hold of and leak. But I'm struggling to understand what he could possibly write to merit a whole book.

All info on how to leave is right here on this forum. Hell, it's probably easier and better coming on here because you can ask former elders/COs and our combined experience of the methods of this cult is second to none.

The book itself doesn't look a pamphlet, it's a proper book. I think we could sum up how to leave the JWs in just one tract. I'm in two minds whether to read it for curiosity. But I still haven't read his first book The Reluctant Apostate due to it being £23.99. The 5th edition of Crises Of Conscience was only £18 and I cant see him topping that.

• Londo111
    Londo111

While I don't like the unforgiving bashing of this man, or anyone else for that matter, and totally detest some of the made up allegations his opponents have brought up with zero evidence...

I agree. I can't imagine why this needs an entire book. I could see a chapter in a book. But there is better advice to be had online. For free.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So don't buy it.

Alternatively: This thread - is it really necessary?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    pale emperor: But I still haven't read his first book The Reluctant Apostate due to it being £23.99.

I didn't read it because I can't imagine sitting through 802 (!!!) pages of material that has already been covered by other authors. I can't imagine what would be new and exciting about Lloyd's book

I like long books and I like reading but I think I can spend my time better reading other authors who can organize their material better, and who have better academic credentials and reputations

One of the most comprehensive books I have read exposing the org is James Pentons' Apocalypse Delayed and it is only 584 pages long

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lets summarize the book...

step one- dont go out in field service.

Step two- don't go to meetings

departure complete.

The sequel will be “how to make money off of leaving the cult”

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

OneEyedJoe

So don't buy it.

Alternatively: This thread - is it really necessary?

Likely not. But i do enjoy a discussion.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Personally, I didn't see a need to read his first book. I can’t imagine what unique information could’ve been presented that was not in Crisis of Conscience or Apocalypse Delayed.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Deleted...posted in the wrong thread.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have read a few exJW books (some good some pretty bad). I will probably not read anymore, including Lloyd's. However, I wish anyone who wants to write the very best.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

His first book is way over priced but it's his story and Only he can tell It.

A "Leaving JWs" advice book would be better coming from someone with a psychology background as the nuts and bolts can be summed up in two or three sentences, but it's the years of mental conditioning that exjws may need help with. I think something like Alexandra James book " How to reclaim your life when it's been stolen from you", a general therapy-based book is more suitable.

Besides there's a few out now published by exjws that are free, like the reluctant Apostates.

I think by this stage it's obvious he's trying to earn a living through his exjw " activism".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit