Just had a former elder friend tell me, “This Overlapping generation is crap.

by John Aquila 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Dang!!! 8 dislikes, just for admitting that I give real experiences, but alter them slightly so they can't lead back to me?? Is that a glitch?? I just broke Simonsays' record! WTF???

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    They should have just conjured up Genesis 6:3 and stated that the generation was 120 years long ending in 2034. Sure, that would be only 20 years from until it has to be scrapped but the Governing Body members would be dead by then so they may not care.
  • millie210
    millie210
    FayeDunaway
    hey what's going on with these 'dislikes' ?? Usually there's some consistency with how many pluses or minuses for each point of view...these seem to be all over the place. Is something glitching or do people really feel that strongly about john's story

I know! I think there is some confusion.

DATA-DOG
    Dang!!! 8 dislikes, just for admitting that I give real experiences, but alter them slightly so they can't lead back to me?? Is that a glitch?? I just broke Simonsays' record! WTF???

I liked your post - very much. I thought it was honest and kind. You are on my "like" list Data Dog (along with John A)

• FadingTruth
    FadingTruth

John, Datadog etc, yes the like/dislike system is glitching.

Twenty upvotes for everyone on this page.

Aquila, I was not "upset" with your experience; I enjoy reading your posts. I just take all experiences with a grain of salt, especially since being duped for decades in this org and not being able to exercise my right to question anything I read ;-)

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

No problem Fading Truth, I don't blame you, hell we all been dupe, and I know it's difficult for me to believe anything anymore. I'm actually an agnostic on everything, but I also like to read and sooner or later I'm going to have to learn to trust. I don't know if I'll get there but I'm trying to enjoy the journey.

• kaik
    kaik
    My mom does not believe in the overlapping generation and she knows she will not see the "A". She is 79 and spent most of her life in WT cult. She also told me that explanation of overlapping generation is BS unsupported in the Bible. But my siblings and cousins believe in it as done deal.
  • Billy ex Blaze
    Billy ex Blaze
    My parents don't believe it either. But they say they'll "wait on Jehoveh to correct it".
  • elderINewton
    elderINewton

So many times I'm reminded of that movie Shawshank redemption - when that older fellow, Red, who had only known prison was released he hung himself because he could not function outside of the prison.

It seems that for so many the WT is that same prison, and that waking them would be cruel. I applaud you John for thinking in a like minded loving manner.

Still, it makes me wonder if there is much more discontent, or is it just that others know we don't believe so they can be more vocal. Its probably both.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

You all can die if you want. I got other plans....cuz i still remember Glen Campbell telling George Benson the secret to everlasting life : he said "just keep breathing". (i wonder how that's working out for him)

• never a jw
    never a jw

Data Dog,

I just added dislike number 10 for no other reason than you brought it to my attention so I had to scroll back to your previous comment. It was just punishment for delaying my bed time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit