Just had a former elder friend tell me, “This Overlapping generation is crap.

by John Aquila 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Nope. Not in my congregation. They are praising it, and specifically the 'new explanation' in the September broadcast.

It's possible that they're just doing what they think they're supposed to be doing. I bet a healthy percentage (at least of the ones that have two brain cells to rub together are praising it because that's just what you do. In the back of their mind though, something just isn't right. As an example - I've had a bad knee due to an injury for about 12 years now. No matter what the doctors did I was left with frequent knee pain. When people would ask me about a recent surgery I would often say "It'll sure be nice in the new system when I have someone working on it that knows what they're doing!" At the time I was at a low point (in hindsight I was sooooo close to waking up) in my belief and as I said the words it just made me feel worse because I knew that it was a delusion. But I said it, and I acted cheerful about it because that's what was expected of me. Social pressure is a bitch. People could be praising it now hoping that they'll figure it out, but once they realize that their inability to make sense of it isn't their fault, the story will start to change.

I was surprised when I heard him say 'if the end comes'

It's always sad to watch someone go through the realization that they're going to die one day. Even sadder when it's so late in life that it's not just "I'm going to die one day" but "I'm going to die some day soon."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yup. As my hero Angus Stewart said at the ARC, the watchtower is 'a captive religion'.

It's bad enough having to put up with the bible itself, let alone when a bunch of paedophile lovers add their money grabbing spin onto it.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    My wife says "they just don't know and they are not admitting it" The problem is getting her to think of the logical consequences of that.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

All those who are in their 60's or 70's had the hope that they would never die what with the generation used to being literal.

The overlapping generation has removed that from them, they now see they may die and therein some old timers are beginning to question but as the OP's experience shows they do not believe it but have nowhere else to turn to because they still believe everything else.

What a nightmare.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    As much as my dad backs the borg, he also is starting to see right through these people. Pops is actually saying , " maybe another apostate has slipped into the gb", and im like , " that sounds more like truth , than this overlapping stuff". The gb are diggin their own holes.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

OneEyedJoe

I bet a healthy percentage (at least of the ones that have two brain cells to rub together are praising it because that's just what you do. In the back of their mind though, something just isn't right. People could be praising it now hoping that they'll figure it out, but once they realize that their inability to make sense of it isn't their fault, the story will start to change.

I agree 100 percent OEJ

I’m seeing this among my friend in my old hall, Give it another 5 years and I bet at least 25% of my old hall will wake up.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My ex told the kids, I have the hope to be resurrected in paradise, nothing

about the end coming soon.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

My brother, who has worked for years to be appointed, just last year said that the overlapping generation is awful; his exact words: 'please, stop'.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

my eyes were fully open when i heard the first explination....it's just nonsense.

My wife lacks the reasoning ability to see that the overlapping generation teaching is all crap. but, i still support her. my kids know it's all crap has well.

GTTM

• Londo111
    Londo111

It seems his mind is opened a little, if just a crack.

Maybe it's time to talk to him about 607...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit