Just had a former elder friend tell me, “This Overlapping generation is crap.

by John Aquila 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Londo111

It seems his mind is opened a little, if just a crack.

Maybe it's time to talk to him about 607..

I thought about that, but the poor man is hitting 80, and he is not in the best of health, what would be the point at that age. He still believes in paradise earth, let him die believing that.

• carla
    carla
    Is there a 'generation history' for dummies posted anywhere? my timeline is all messed up now and can't remember all the changes going way back to present. There used to be a chart somewhere but I think that must be out of date now too. thanks
  • mana11
    mana11

In Africa they don't even understand any of the changes. I have talked to many and they are lost completely.

If they thought africa was the big growth they are going to have to think again.

Many Witnesses here are doing it for the multi LVL marketing angle only. Friends to sell stuff to.

They are under attack. Feeling Good!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Each and every one of us here who has either left, faded or shown discontent in any way is a witness to those remaining. When they are feeling doubts, they are going to think of us. 'My brother in law is out of it, and seems to be fine.' 'My sister no longer believes.' 'My son left. And he's happy.' 'That family who used to come, they don't anymore.' We are, often in a subtle way, showing them that there are other options.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

The only way my JW family member would wake up Jesus himself

would have to come down and tell them, you folks are in a cult.

That would not be enough for some, they would think it's Satan trying

to mislead them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FayeDunaway17 minutes agoEach and every one of us here who has either left, faded or shown discontent in any way is a witness to those remaining.

I can't help but think of the times I've been contacted by exJWs who want to talk. Especially if I escaped the captive religion before they did.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    FayeDunaway 15 minutes ago
    Each and every one of us here who has either left, faded or shown discontent in any way is a witness to those remaining. When they are feeling doubts, they are going to think of us.

That's exactly what's happening to me. I left two years ago, and now I'm finally getting calls from former elders, especially those that want to talk about what is happening in the organization, but can't talk to anyone inside. They want to believe it's still God's organization, but it's getting harder and harder to believe. They are trying very hard to stay in the organization, yet they call me to express their doubts. They are still afraid to do research, but they are getting closer and closer to taking the plunge.

I think it's exciting because just a few years ago, there was still some believability in what the organization said, but not anymore.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    James Mixon

The only way my JW family member would wake up Jesus himself would have to come down and tell them, you folks are in a cult.

That would not be enough for some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG40b4owXGc
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    I think it's exciting because just a few years ago, there was still some believability in what the organization said, but not anymore.

So they finally jumped the shark?

Image result for jump the shark

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Another apostate"?!?!?! It's so sad that we have to throw people like Ray Franz under the bus, just for the slight chance of reasoning with a JW.

When you have to use a lie to try and teach the truth, you know it's f****d up!! We should be able to say,"No, Ray Franz was not an apostate. The GB of that time lied and DF'd him for disagreeing with them and for trying to fix some problems."

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit