Fatties won't pony up cash for two seats

by ashitaka 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I had an engineer friend who was commissioned by an airline to design an in-flight toilet that could flush cleanly using one quart of water and we had many discussions about this. He said that even an OUNCE of weight on a commercial aircraft costs the airlines huge amounts of money in fuel every year. Weight is EVERYTHING to them.

That being the case, I would not consider it unusual to charge all passengers a fare based upon their weight. Even though a child who weighed say, 40 pounds, paid a small fare and took a full seat would save 100-160 pounds of weight over an adult and accordingly, the fuel for the flight would be considerably less.

There would be no discrimination that way. Some morbidly obsese people will always bitch as if everyone else but themselves has a problem, but at least their kids could fly very cheaply! (Unless their kids are porkers, too.)

Farkel

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OMG Fark I'd never fly again if I had to get on a scale at the airport hahah omg!!!! Do you have any idea how unheatly that flight would be everyone would have been on some dirutics or fasting and no one would want to eat anything and very lickly kill each other on board(low blood sugar does some crazy things )

I've been next to a person that came into my seat and I'd think man that's got to be soo uncomfortable for them. I have clausterphobia isuses and even when I was thin had a hard time being in those rows. Now that I've been battleing some health issues I'm like man these are rough, and I don't know how heavier ones sit comfortably in those chairs. I see where Fark is going and think that maybe a cheaper price on a second seat would be a nice comprimise for everyone involved, because it would make everyone else feel more comfortable.

Lucy=way outta fricken line!!!

Xander & Derick=I wish your 'thinking' was true on the issues of weight, and for some people it may very well be, for others it goes beyond food and exercise. For some the issues are emotional, hormonal or still unexplained by doctors.

I was thin my whole life, then 4 years ago over night I gained 20lbs of fluid in my tummy. Now I was a 20 yr old young poineer and looked 3 months pregs I FREAKED!!!! I'd always been active and ate well I hadn' not CHANGED a single thing, but something happened that had nothing to do with food or exercise. With in 3 months I had retained 50lbs of water and it would move all over somedays it'd be in my stomach, other days my legs or back. It was terrifing, and EXTREMELY painful. I was swollen all over, my face and hands and arms and legs, to say nothing of my waisteline. Everymorning I would get up for service and have no idea what would fit that day because it moved around so much. I cried almost every single morning getting ready, it was so emotionally draining and disturbing. And there was no end or help in site. I went to several Dr.s and had all kinds of test and they didn't know what was wrong. I tried everything diets excerise but I just would get puffier and puffier. I have in the past few months found out about 'lymph edema' and realised how to work with this and have having some great results. But until you know why EACH and every person you meet is over weight you can not just proscribe some blanket judegement on them.

I too used to think that if you burned more calories then you consumed you'd lose weight and just excersied. But after what happend to me it has opened me up to seeing that this problem and other health problems are much more involved. Adn I think need a more mind, body, spirit connection. I know the yoga really helped to relaxe me and take me inside to heal my body, and find what emotions or triggers had caused this in the first place.

I think evertying happens for a reason, and through my expericene I have recived as a gift greater compasion and understanding for the human spirit. If you really want to help someone who is over weight that wants to lose weight don't tell them to eat better, or to exercise they already know that. Just show them love and support, because in doing so you will be giving them the energies and vibrations to heal themselves. When people show me love and consideration I have a much greater incentive then when people 'offer help' with excersie tips and all that because every on is diff and I'll tell you it made me very resentful. Like I wasn't good enough how I am now.

WE ARE ALL GOOD ENOUGH!!! HAVE ENOUGH and DO ENOUGH!!!!!

Just learn how to show love and support and you'll do more good then any diet of excersise advise, TRUST ME on that ok

Ven
    of the recently healing klass

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Xander & Derick=I wish your 'thinking' was true on the issues of weight, and for some people it may very well be, for others it goes beyond food and exercise. For some the issues are emotional, hormonal or still unexplained by doctors.

Nevertheless, if you burn more calories than you consume it is a physical impossibility for you not to lose weight.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

NOT TRUE!!!! That's such linear thinking.........the body is not a machine does not run like so many Drs have thought in the recent past. Our bodies are soo much more complicated then simple metabolism 'anabolic and catabolic' that your refering too, there are soo many other contiginsies that are being discouved and cured through Quantum mechanics and Quantum medicine(which is what is helping me).

I'm proof in da puddin'

Ven

Edited by - VeniceIT on 8 February 2003 11:11:41

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi ashi:

I know if I was overweight enough to spill over into the other persons seat, I would feel obligated to pay for two seats. I think it is ignorant on the overweight persons part to expect the other guy to "touch" his body during the entire flight! I, too, am very creeped out to have my personal space invaded.

Just my

Mrs. Shakita

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    NOT TRUE!!!! That's such linear thinking.........the body is not a machine does not run like so many Drs have thought in the recent past. Our bodies are soo much more complicated then simple metabolism 'anabolic and catabolic' that your refering too, there are soo many other contiginsies that are being discouved and cured through Quantum mechanics and Quantum medicine(which is what is helping me).

Quantum medicine??? Now there's quackery if ever I heard it.

Are you seriously saying that the normally inviolable law of physics that matter can neither be created nor destroyed doesn't apply to you?

• LB
    LB

Fat people stink in more than one way. They need to just stay home

People who make comments like this and many others on this board are plain assholes. Don't delete that moderators, you allow much worse on this board.

So easy to beat up on obese people. You haven't a clue as to what it's like. I can't stand narrow minded people like yourselves.

Back when I weighed over 300 pounds I was requested to pay extra. I mentioned that my 89 pound wife was not being given a discount nor were 50 pound children so they could shove it. They shoved it and I flew for regular rates.

Stupid people stink in more than one way. They need to just stay home.

Oh and nice title for the topic. More assholes at work.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I'm saying that this is what scientist are discovering themselves. Quantum pyhsics is no longer 'quakery' but is now fact. You can not explore pyhsics fully without ending up in metaphysics.

I have seen quantim medicine in action and the technology is amazing.

I had access to a prototype of a machine that had Quantum technology, and used it on several people. This was a small hand held device and what someone would do was run the machine gently up their face, when the moved the machine their face would stay in the upward position. When used for 5 min on the face it literally took 10 years off if not more. The skin was freasher, softer, felt much younger and the wrinkles were diminshed and the face was no longer sagging. I brought this in and did a demo of it in front of other Estheticians and their mouths just dropped. I had Iris do only one side of her face and the differeance was dramatic!!!! Then they watched as she did the other side. This machine and other has scientific proof in case studies that in increases the elasticity in the Dermis of the skin, which I might add is a suposed impossibility!!!!!! Yet it has been done!!! This machine wasn't 'tightening and toning the skin' it was communitacing with each cell telling it were it was supposed to be, and it responded automatically. I don't know how long the results last because I wasn't able to keep the prototype it has been taken to hopefully build.

I am being treated for my lymphedema on a similar quantum energy machine and the results are amazing!!!! Doctors all over the US I mean REAL MD's are buying and using these machines, it's not alternatice. Quantim medicine is here and now, and comeing to a hospital near you!

Right now we are on the verge of tremendious technological advances, there are therums and ideas now that are emerging that destroy popular science, so many are afraid of the implications and this 'fear' is what has kept mankind from exploring it sooner. But now there is too much information out there, too much going on and the results of this technology are astounding!!!

Just because we don't understand something, does not make it 'wrong' or 'not possible', perhaps we're just not ready to make that step yet.

Ven

Edited by - VeniceIT on 8 February 2003 11:46:28

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

there are therums and ideas now that are emerging that destroy popular science

c'mon veni, you're smarter than that.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I'm just a dummy, Ven, but this is how I see it.

We consume stuff that has weight. This adds to our weight. Our bodies use some of that stuff we consume to regenerate itself. This process neither adds to or subtracts from our weight. Some of the stuff we consume leaves our bodies through sweat and elimination and reduces our weight.

Ergo, if the poundage from what we consume > the poundage we eliminate from our bodies, we gain weight. . Water has weight. If we retain water, it adds to our weight even if it is not in the form of fat.

Nothing magical about any of that

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit