Participate In The EX-JW Personality Test!

by C0ntr013r 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Better detail?

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Based on 56 submissions.

In this graph I have taken the personality type frequency into consideration.

When doing this, all the types should get roughly the same percentage since that would reflect the distribution in society (rare types should be few and common types should be many).

• C0ntr013r
  • C0ntr013r
  • C0ntr013r
  • C0ntr013r
  • C0ntr013r
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Summary:

• violias
    violias

ISTP-T

only about 5% of women are this type and may have been called "tom boys' since childhood. Bingo.

My personality has changed a great deal since youth when I was very outgoing and social. The WTS took it all out of me, and now, lets just say learned that ruthless people are in jws too and better protect yourself.

I miss my old self.

• done4good
    done4good

OneEyedJoe - INTJs are also the least likely to believe in god, which makes it hard to stay in a religious cult. In my case questioning the existence of god was easier than questioning the watchtower. Though I think the prevalence of INTJ on forums is more about the style of communication that we prefer - the wrongs of the cult are both numerous and varied enough to offend any personality.

INTJ here. What I still have a hard time with is how on earth with this personality type I managed to stay in as long as I did. Agreed, giving up belief in god was much easier once I was already out.

INTJs are over-represented on discussion forums in general, however they seem especially over-represented on ex-JW forums. That is not a mere statistical anomaly. I also read somewhere that INTJs are generally more prone to accept cognitive dissonance with less negative effects at first than most, that is until they have enough information such that intuitively they know better, and walk away from the source of the false information. Since this is generally a matter of self-honesty, someone such as an INTJ or similar NT type personality would have a very difficult time staying in and playing along once they know better. INTJs would be the most likely of any JW to leave eventually, as well as want to express and articulate those thoughts in written form, as INTJs generally like to do.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit