Just read that Carl Olof Jonsson died yesterday

by slimboyfat 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Still waiting for you to back up your claim that I've employed logical fallacies too.

Read.

I suppose it's possible that I overestimated his skills and he legitimately does not understand the request...

Fisherman, in order for you to demonstrate that I have employed a logical fallacy, you need to:

1. Quote something I said.
    2. Specify the type of fallacy purportedly employed.
    3. Explain why the quoted statement is fallacious.
  • Alethia
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Turned off the video at “the seven anti-virus scriptures”. I’ve got no idea what that means, but I strongly suspect I can live without knowing. Chronology is a black hole that attracts crazies on all sides.

That reminds me, I wonder how Gordon Ritchie is doing these days, if I remember right he was the one who secured a meeting with Dan Sydlik to discuss his prophecy madness in the 1990s. Or our own JCanon for the matter.

• Alethia
    Alethia

Fair enough slimboyfat.

Some others may be interested as it provides timelines which disproves 607 from the scriptures. Pure mathematics

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Such obvious lies.

Wrong

Already linked responses to their nonsense on this thread earlier today.

Viewpoint

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    🤦‍♂️
  • scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

I'm sure you'll be able to quote the verse that indicates 70 years of exile then. 🙄😂

--

Sure. Jer.25: 8-11; 29:4-10

Your turn, show the verse that indicates 70 years of Babylon's domination then.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You didn’t quote any verses. The verses you cited don’t mention 70 years of exile.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Yeah, it’s so ‘clear’ that only JWs (and some extremely minor sects affiliated with the Bible Student movement) believe the 607BCE nonsense. 😂 And JWs lie to such a great extent about it that they even claim that Nisan began in May of ‘588BCE’ (The Watchtower, 1 November 2011, p. 28), even though they know very well that their supposedly ‘most important day of the year’ never begins in May.

--

Nonsense. This subject is discussed by means of footnote '17' on page 27 as a reference to the explanation of the differences between 588 and 568 BE in respect of Neb's 37th year in VAT4956. (Watchtower, Nov. 1, 2011).

The footnote refers to the research of two scholars published as Babylonian Eclipse Observations From 750 BC to 1 BC but you have not indicated that you have read this research either on this post and on your silly blog with its pretty coloured charts. It is shown that in the year 588 BC. It is shown by means of an eclipse in the VAT 4956 of the 15th Simanu can be dated to either 568 or 588 BCE. If that eclipse is dated to 15 July 588 BCE then this means that Nisan as the first month would have begun on May 2/3 588 BCE-Julian Calendar. It is noted that the year 588 BCE had an additional month (intercalary) inserted after the 12mth of the preceding year as shown in the tablet which reads "8th of month XII" which is also noted in Babylonian Chronology 626 BC-AD 75 by Parker and Dubberstein. This means that the eclipse for 588 BCE fits well with the Astro data in VAT 4956 as confirmed by those two scholars, WT researchers and Rolf Furuli

scholar JW

• Pierre1977
    Pierre1977
    Yeah, sure, totally not trying to ‘poison the well’. Just your totally normal way of consistently referring to people. 🤦‍♂️

Indeed, I wouldn't have said anything if you simply called me Christian. I don't think calling you by your beliefs is an attack.

You really imagine everyone in Babylon lived in that little patch of ruins a few hundred metres across? 😂

No, but maybe they lived behind the ruins and not in the direction to Hillah. After all, Hillah doesn't surround the ruins from all sides.

There’s a whole city there. And we’ll just ignore the verse about Tyre not even being found. 😂

The city doesn't occupy the whole Ancient Tyre. It's not congruent. And “not being found” again raisesthe question: In what way found? Clearly not simply by the location because Ezekiel said Fishermen would be there. So, “not being found” doesn't mean not being located by anyone, but not in the condition of a mighty and wealthy port city like Tyre once was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit