Just read that Carl Olof Jonsson died yesterday

by slimboyfat 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    🤣 demonstrate one fallacy I used

I second this request. The fallacies should be listable, especially if that's all he's leaned upon.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Given a 70 year exile ending in 539 (circa) the beginning of such exile should begin in 609 ( circa ) or 70 years earlier. Based on Bible interpretation WT 607 belief is valid vis-à-vis the trinitarians, atheists, et al. Obviously -423 is out of wack but -607 is plausible. Now if there is scientific evidence that Jerusalem was destroyed circa 586 or debunking 607, I’d like to see it but so far it is about interpretation of steles it appears and wt has made a rebuttal to those interpretations. To revisit the same arguments again is annoying because they are only views that I disagree with.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Given a 70 year exile ending in 539 (circa) the beginning of such exile should begin in 609

Wrong from the first sentence. 🤦‍♂️ The Bible never mentions a 70 year exile. All the nations were to serve Babylon during Babylon’s 70 years (Jeremiah 25:11). Nations could serve Babylon in their own land, and only faced exile if they refused (Jeremiah 27:8-11). When Babylon’s 70 years ended, it would be called to account, which happened in 539 BCE when it was conquered by Persia (Jeremiah 25:12; Daniel 5:26-31; 2 Chronicles 36:20). After Babylon’s 70 years ended, attention would then be given to the Jews’ return (Jeremiah 29:10; 2 Chronicles 36:21). But it is true that Assyria’s final king was defeated in 609BCE, which nicely harmonises with the beginning of Babylon’s 70 years of dominance.

Now if there is scientific evidence that Jerusalem was destroyed circa 586 or debunking 607

In addition to the Bible, VAT4956 provides astronomical confirmation that 587BCE (not 586BCE) is the correct year. See also 586 or 587?

Carbon dating of burn sites also confirms it occurred in the early 6th century BCE; carbon dating for the period is less specific, but just serves as an additional confirmation.

wt has made a rebuttal to those interpretations

Indeed. 😂

The Watch Tower Society’s 2011 attempt to defend 607

The Watch Tower Society’s 2012 attempt to defend 607

The Watch Tower Society’s 2013 attempt to defend 607

The Watch Tower Society’s 2014 attempt to defend 1914

To revisit the same arguments again is annoying because they are only views that I disagree with.

Objecting to information solely on the basis that you disagree with it is fallacious. He was supposed to demonstrate my supposed fallacies. Maybe he misunderstood the request. 🤦‍♂️ 😂

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Wrong from the first sentence. 🤦‍♂️ The Bible never mentions a 70 year exile. All the nations were to serve Babylon during Babylon’s 70 years (Jeremiah 25:11). Nations could serve Babylon in their own land, and only faced exile if they refused (Jeremiah 27:8-11). When Babylon’s 70 years ended, it would be called to account, which happened in 539 BCE when it was conquered by Persia (Jeremiah 25:12; Daniel 5:26-31; 2 Chronicles 36:20). After Babylon’s 70 years ended, attention would then be given to the Jews’ return (Jeremiah 29:10; 2 Chronicles 36:21). But it is true that Assyria’s final king was defeated in 609BCE, which nicely harmonises with the beginning of Babylon’s 70 years of dominance.

--

Nonsense. The Bible clearly shows that the 70 years was a period of Exile when the Jews were deported to Babylon leaving behind a desolated homeland in accordance with Jeremiah's prophecy. During this period Judah along with other nations was made to serve Babylon just as Jeremiah foretold. At the end of the 70 years of its fulfilment marked by the Return of the Jews in 537 BCE, judgement against Babylon, its king, city and land began to be fulfilled again fulfilling Jeremiah's prophecy against the nations.

Some scholars date the 70 years from 609 BCE believed to be the Fall of Assyria but this conjecture along with the claim that it was 605 BCE but both dates are wrong as the Land Of Judah at that time had not been invaded by Babylon a requisite for a beginning of the 70 years and Judah had not yet been desolated.

--

In addition to the Bible, VAT4956 provides astronomical confirmation that 587BCE (not 586BCE) is the correct year. See also 586 or 587?

--

Again nonsense for Rolf Furuli has demonstrated that VAT 4956 has been dated incorrectly and can now be used as evidence in support of 607 BCE.

--

WT scholars have over many decades produced scholarly research which proves 607 BCE as the only possible date for the Fall of Jerusalem as opposed to the uncertain dates of either 586 or 587 BCE which both fail to accommodate the historical fact of the Jewish/Babylonian Exile.

scholar JW

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Wrong from the first sentence.

Wrong.

Objecting to information solely on the basis that you disagree with it is fallacious.

Fallaseeking

Opinions and interpretations are arguable. You conclude too much when you read. Im interested in proof and not rehashing the same argument wt has already rebutted. Believe what you like. Not interest in fallacious conclusions.

WT scholars have over many decades produced scholarly research which proves 607 BCE as the only possible date for the Fall of Jerusalem

I’ve listened to other schools of thought with an open mind but I believe in wt 607. Even if I wasn’t a JW I would still believe unless there is evidence that shows it is another date.

An apologist is like a defense attorney that advocates someone regardless of truth and resorts to fallacy and doesn’t have to believe in what he is defending. I don’t see the info scholar posted on this topic as apologetic. Jeffro tries to push his assertions and conclusions as fact but only beliefs that wt has already replied to. Don’t like wt replies? Prove otherwise.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The Bible clearly shows that the 70 years was a period of Exile when the Jews were deported to Babylon leaving behind a desolated homeland in accordance with Jeremiah's prophecy.

🤦‍♂️ Yeah, it’s so ‘clear’ that only JWs (and some extremely minor sects affiliated with the Bible Student movement) believe the 607BCE nonsense. 😂 And JWs lie to such a great extent about it that they even claim that Nisan began in May of ‘588BCE’ (The Watchtower, 1 November 2011, p. 28), even though they know very well that their supposedly ‘most important day of the year’ never begins in May.

Again nonsense for Rolf Furuli has demonstrated that VAT 4956 has been dated incorrectly and can now be used as evidence in support of 607 BCE.

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣

Pathetic.

And the same goes for Fisherman’s unsophisticated response.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Im interested in proof and not rehashing the same argument wt has already rebutted.

The Watch Tower Society's attempts to defend its doctrines are pathetic. I have already specifically rebutted the Watch Tower Society's attempts to defend 607 BCE in 2011, 2012 and 2013, and their 2014 attempt to defend their false beliefs about 1914. I am not aware of any Watch Tower Society rebuttals to those.

Still waiting for you to back up your claim that I've employed logical fallacies too.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar':

The Bible clearly shows that the 70 years was a period of Exile when the Jews were deported to Babylon leaving behind a desolated homeland in accordance with Jeremiah's prophecy.

I'm sure you'll be able to quote the verse that indicates 70 years of exile then. 🙄😂

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The Watch Tower Society's attempts to defend its doctrines are pathetic.

No they are not.

I have already specifically rebutted the Watch Tower Society's attempts to defend 607.

No you haven’t.

Still waiting for you to back up your claim that I've employed logical fallacies too.

Read.

I am still waiting for proof that falsifies 607.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

I have already specifically rebutted the Watch Tower Society's attempts to defend 607.

No you haven’t.

Such obvious lies. Already linked responses to their nonsense on this thread earlier today.

And, no, you have not demonstrated where I have employed any logical fallacies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit